Chapter 1 : Trap.

"Aren't you excited? Finally you are seventeen. You are gonna find your mate in a year" Reece exclaimed to Luna. Reece is more excited than her best friend herself for her birthday. But can we blame Luna? For her, her birthday include existential crisis. She sigh putting the comb on the dresser.

"Maybe and maybe not. I am just curious who would be my mate" Luna exclaimed, and Reece took a bite of her apple and said,

"I can't imagine people will say, Luna Luna" she laughs by clenching her stomach. While Luna just rolled her eyes. It is like the running joke between these two.

Luna parents who are Alpha of Mahogany pack decided to name their daughter Luna, because why not? Luna was a little embarassed as a child but now it's all good now. She feels confident about it.

Luna grab her bag and with Reece they made their way towards school.

Luna is what we call that girl who has everyone attention and she didn't mind much. She is good at studies, looks good and also is powerful. But it isn't all, like everyone she has her a little dark side too. There isn't anything she hasn't done yet. Drugs? Yes. Sneaking out? Of course almost everyday. Sex? You gotta be kidding me of course. Broke a nose? Sure. Murder? Yep.

Inspite killing rogues she has one killed a student. She has even slapped the principal but that's the topic for another time. The student she has killed was none other than member of their not so neighbouring pack but neighboring neighboring pack. Gold Rusk pack. Mahogany and they were never on good terms and it didn't bother much because there was a pack in between them but now it seem a little bit of problem since there son, Atlas Rusk has defeated the pack leader and now the Gold Rusk is one of the biggest pack.

Since now they share a border it is a problem and the reason why she has killed someone.

It is like a unspoken rule in the pack not to speak about that. And here they are both of same age studying under same roof. It isn't like they put up prank on each other, or lock each other. It is far worse. Since Luna has killed Mats. Atlas was little too extreme with the idea of revenge. And today is one of that day and Luna know that it's not gonna be good day for her since she never know how far can Atlas goes for revenge.

"Luna!!!" She turn causing her small shoulder length hair to swirl in hair while she see who called her. It was Oak. Her one of the best friend.

"Happy birthday" he exclaimed while hugging the life out of her.

"Thank you" she replied while she too hug him. They seem like a couple to everybody if Oak doesn't have a mate. Well nobody knows about that except, Luna. Reece is the Oak mate. Oak is a senior and also the beta of Mahogany pack.

Oak know he gotta wait for a year. And he is comfortable with that. But as usual his beta instinct tell him to stay close to her all the time and it is one of the reason why Oak is with Reece all the time if he isn't with Luna.

They part away,

"Finally you are 17. So you smell something?" He asked curiously. And she simply decline her head. She's not in hurry for a mate. She always respected the bond and all the tradition but she doesn't want a mate because she knows that if she has a mate she won't be able to breathe freely. She just wanna be single for a while.

"Wait!?! She's is 17 now" Reece said from besides her and Oak almost melt seeing her. Her brown hair falls till her stomach and her black eyes in which he get lost all the time.

"She's a alpha. She's gonna find her mate a year earlier" Oak explain it to her and smile.

"You didn't even correct me earlier. How dare you, Luna" Reece exclaimed and Luna just shrugged it off. Not in a very good mood to explain her situation to her.