Prologue

Twelve years ago...

"The intruders have moved to block C36. All available units, report to all surrounding blocks. It is a direct order from Mrs. Veronica that the intruders must not escape!" the loud speaker blares the message on repeat, crackling before each loop.

"Jamie, this hasn't happened before. What was in those files?!"

"Don't know dear, but the commander said it was top priority. 'The be-all end-all' he said. Whatever it is, it better be worth it." Jamison and Krystal were tied IV agents for the R.A.T. (Revolutionaries Against Tyranny). Tier IV agents are primarily for stealth, infiltration, or scouting missions. For Jamison and Krystal, this was their last mission; for they had recently become parents to a 3 month old boy, and chose to support him instead of the army.

"I think I heard something over this way. You go report this disturbance, I'll check it out."

"Roger that sir." there was a pair of soldiers roaming every hall.

"Shit! They heard us. Krystal, stay back." Jamison pulled out his baton. When the soldier approached, he jumped out and choked the man unconscious.

"Oh christ..."

"Jamie, what's wrong?" Krystal was obviously stressed. So was Jamison, but he wasn't showing it.

"His mic was on, so their command center must know we're here. We've got to move" an alarmed voice answered.

"Leaving so soon? What a pity, and I had just made some tea.' A tall, slim woman stood in front of them in a commander's uniform. 'Grab them." soldiers came from all angles, seizing the pair.

"Where should they go? Prison block 32?' a soldier with a scar over his left eye questioned the woman. 'it would be a great pleasure to know, Mrs. Veronica."

"Prisoner block Z, please. That seems reasonable, no?"

"B-block Z? Are you sure? I-I mean, what could they have done to deserve that of all things?"

"More than enough, I assure you,' Mrs. Veronica was certain of what she said. 'and no further questioning."

"Yes ma'am. You two, on your feet. You better listen, or block Z will be a hell of a lot more painful." the man's tone had shifted from mere inches away from collapse to complete confidence in his authority.

"May I ask why block Z is so frightening?" Jamison inquired.

"No, but I'll tell you anyways. Block Z is for prisoners set for public humiliation and then jail for life. It's not mild humiliation, like having your trousers pulled down. You're made an example of. Showing that people who attempt what you did will receive the same fate." the man wasn't exactly clear with what the humiliation would be, just that it would be horrendous.

The gates of block Z swung shut behind them.

"Have fun in there for the rest of your lives!" taunted the scarred man.

"Krystal. Remember; we've gotten out of worse. No matter how long it takes, we'll get out."

"But what about James?"

"I... don't know. Pryce will probably care for him."

"Pryce? Oh, let's hope he's not too hard on him."

●       ●      ●

R.A.T. Base, 18:00. Location: Unknown

"Governor Pryce. A report is in."

"And...? What's it say? Spit it out already!"

"Y-yes sir. Oh, oh..."

"What's wrong?"

"...Sir?"

"It's Jamison and Krystal, isn't it"

"...Y-yes sir. They've been captured and taken to block Z."

"Lieutenant?"

"Yes sir?"

"Bring me the boy."

"Right away sir."

Well, that's the prologue to my first attempt at making a story! I don't know how long I'd go between writing chapters, due to school and all that stuff. I've already written a bit, so I'll post those sometime soon. Other chapters may differ in length, so if this one may feel short, there'll probably be a longer one in the future. That's all for now!

Edit: I re-typed some things because I realized that I wrote it and had some grammatical errors that I didn't catch.