2. Just a rumor

Alice's POV:

We had just arrived at Hogwarts and I quickly got lost in the crowd of excited 1st years. 

I got separated from my friends as we got off the train, but, knew that I'd meet them again in the common room.

I walked through the girl's hall and read the doors looking for my name when I felt a shove. I looked behind myself furiously but immediately calmed down when I noticed it was just Pansy. 

"Hey Potter!" She said as she walked next to me

"Merlin I almost punched you in the face don't sneak up on me like that!" I laughed as I gave her a small shove and continued to look at the doors "Pansy! We share dorms!" I announced excitedly

"Fuck yeah!" She shouted

Pansy and I had never shared a dorm. Even though we had put in countless requests, they were never granted until now. I already knew this year would be fun.

We let ourselves in and admired the room. It was Illuminated with low yellow lights, two log beds with dark green silk duvets, and black bedsheets. Four pillars stuck up out of each corner with mesh draping down acting as a curtain. One bed next to a window on the far side of the bedroom, with a matching log side table on the right side. The other bed was on the same wall as the door with a matching side table on its left. Each dresser equipped with a lamp and a brand-new quill set. 

The bathroom was on the left wall and our wardrobes on the right wall with new uniforms hanging from the knobs.

Pansy immediately chose the area next to the door and threw herself onto her bed and began, "Sooooo you and Draco huh?" She said as she raised her brows.

"What are you talking about? We're just friends" I questioned as I put my trunk at the feet of my bed

"Oh come on Alice, he's totally into you! I mean did you see how flustered he got when Harry said that on the train!" 

"Oh my god, no he's not into me like that and I know it! I mean I heard rumors about him and Astoria hooking up over the summer" I said confused. I had never really seen Draco as more than a friend. Of course, I thought he was attractive, strong, had gorgeous blue eyes, and the way his hair had been styled was kinda... cute?

"Oh come on you don't really believe that do you?" She said as she kicked her legs up sitting up and leaning on her bedpost. "She just has a crush on him and will do whatever it takes to get his attention, even if it's start rumors" She added as she looked around the room. 

I knocked the thoughts out of my head, "Maybe, but, I don't wanna think about it. I'm focusing on school this year, I'm not gonna be heartbroken" I smiled as I began to pull clothes out of my trunk.

"But that's boring!" Pansy shouted as she used her wand to send her clothes flying into her wardrobe.

"No, it's not! It's smart! Seeing as I'm also trying to survive the year. Being with a guy right now just seems- hard" I said as I did the same to my clothes.

"Whatever, But I, on the other hand, will be wilding out" She laughed as she threw on a Slytherin hoodie and black plaid pajama pants.

"Really? You're not gonna dress up for our first night back?" I asked as I cocked a brow and looked her up and down.

"Fuck no! I'm gonna feast comfortably" She smiled "What about you? are you dressing up to impress your love" She teased as she shoved her trunk under her bed

"Merlin no! I'm not even into him! If he's into me that's one thing but, I don't even know what I would say if he asked me out I mean I've never seen him as more than- Draco! " I defended as I pulled my black skirt onto my waist.