Masterpiece

3rd person POV

"Masterpiece"

Everyone's eyes widen, it seems they will finally be able to know what that 'masterpiece' is.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Irony"

'The irony of this world'

'The ones who are indifferent, are the ones who felt the most pain'

'The ones that don't cry, are the ones who shed the most tears'

'The strongest bodies, have the most scars'

'Those at the very top, knows what it feels like to be in the very bottom'

'Great ability comes from an equal degree of suffering'

'The world may be cruel, but it isn't unfair'

'That's the irony of this world'

The students were listening attentively to this passage. They know, especially the excellent but not genius students that nothing in this world is given to you, and unless you are a genius, you have to work harder than a normal person to achieve greater results.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

The students stiffened when they heard that name. Their ears perked, trying to listen and remember each and every detail they can hear.

What's so exceptional about this student?

Naturally, he has a few talents

In terms of genes, the ones he received from his parents were above average. Undoubtedly the best genes he could ever get from an average couple. Though his genes were great in comparison to his parents, it was still quite far from what you could consider a "genius". He wasn't blessed with the most athletic body, He has average height, and even though he has great memory, his calculating ability and understanding are, at best, above average. He wasn't at the levels of geniuses, he was barely at the level of an average White Room student.

Though his potential to be great at both academics and athletics is high, he has to work extra hard to reach that potential, and even if he works his hardest, the highest level he could reach was slightly below the realm of geniuses. He wasn't a genius, but that doesn't mean he wasn't exceptional in other areas.

His talent in music was once-in-a-decade. His ears are so fine-tuned to listening to music that he could identify each pitch by sound with great accuracy. The instrument that could display his talents the most is the piano, which is the instrument he excels at the most.

He also had great wisdom and understanding of the world, especially when it comes to people. Psychology was arguably his best subject among the sciences. His uncanny understanding of people stems from himself. When he was young, he could always identify what he was feeling, why he was feeling those, and what to do to change it, though sometimes he can't fully control his emotions. This understanding of one's self eventually made it's way to other people. The only person he always had trouble understanding was his father.

Overall, if you factor in everything, the best this boy could ever be was an excellent student with an exceptional ability in music. Impressive, but not a genius. He could never grow up to be a genius, atleast, under normal circumstances.

The White Room is anything but normal. It was a cruel place that pushed plenty of kids to the brink, and even more past that. But the human body can work in mysterious ways. It can adapt, overcome, and grow. That's one of the biggest reasons why humanity has survived that long, it's etched into their DNA, and that's what ultimately saved the lives of the students that did survive.