🐙 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟥: 𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑅𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 🐙

Art by Doopliss on zerochan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You felt yourself wake up before you opened your eyes. You were extremely comfortable and warm where you were, and you didn't really want to get up. What did get you up and kick your brain into overdrive, was the fact when you did open your eyes, Tako was gone.

You sat up instantly, frantically looking around for the small little octopus spirit that you had gotten quite attached to. But they were nowhere to be seen.

You were about to jump out of bed and search every nook and cranny of your temporary room or go wandering the halls until you found them, until you heard a purring sound coming from the end of your bed.

You paused and slowly lifted the part of the blanket that kept your feet warm, to see Tako curled up right by your ankles. They shuffled around and lifted their head to look at you, their ear flaps perking up when you took the blankets off.

"Tako! You almost gave me a heart attack! I thought you'd gone missing!" Tako started making some whining sounds along with the rumbling, as if they were apologising. You sighed and gently rubbed the space between the ear flaps.

"It's ok, Tako. Just please don't do it again, I really don't wanna lose you" Tako nodded as best as they could before they floated up close to your face, nuzzling underneath your chin. As they always did, you felt all the negative emotions vanish from your body as soon as Tako came in contact with you. In fact, you swore your positive emotions became stronger from the affection Tako was giving you.

Your moment with Tako was quickly ruined as the door opened quite loudly. The same four spirits from yesterday silently walked in with the first one handing you a set of fresh clothes. Once you had the clothes, they all nodded at you in unison before leaving. You assumed it meant something like, 'we'll be back in five minutes'.

You turned to ask Tako to look away, but the small spirit had already tucked themselves in the corner, giving you your privacy.

Not wanting to be walked in on mid change, you took off the sleepwear and quickly threw on the new set of clothes. Said clothes were somewhat like a robe, with neck abruptly cut in a low v shape before wrapping around your torso just below your arms. The robe itself came to around around the top of your legs while still hiding everything it needed to. It was two toned grey in a triangle checkered pattern, with a strip of yellow around the bottom (if you're still confused, pretty much just Ina's outfit).

While it took a little bit to figure out how to put it on, you did manage it before the spirits re entered the room. They split up into two groups once more and you and Tako followed the first two with the last two bringing up the rear.

You didn't really question the strange carvings are copious amounts of hallways anymore, and neither did you question where you were going. The only thing you could think of right now was, according to the words of the spirits guiding you, you were supposed to meet Ina'nis today. While the thought of that didn't make you nervous as much as you thought it would (you chalked it up to Tako sitting on your shoulder like a bird), you weren't necessarily entirely calm about the whole ordeal. I mean, if you were about to meet the god you had prayed to almost every day of your life, wouldn't you be at least slightly nervous?

Unlike the previous day, the spirits didn't guide you to a door. Instead, you were lead to an open archway into a room that could have the entire cathedral built inside it.