1. Definitely not a rebound

*The photo does not belong to me, I found it on insta so feel free to comment the creator*
One

The shower had just finished running and if it weren't for the sound of the bell ringing the tribrid and wolf would've stayed in the shower kissing- but the bell did ring. Yet the two couldn't seem to keep their hands off of each other.
"Raf, we need to stop"she giggled as he led a trail of kisses from her cheek to her neck
"Just wait" he mumbled as he continued to place soft warm kisses along her collar bone.

She rubbed circles on the back of his neck, enjoying their time together. It had been so long since they last saw each other. He had been too busy with Landon, which she completely understood. Meanwhile she was stuck with Lizzie on malivore pit duty.

They didn't seem to catch a break, especially when it 'came time for them to see each other. Because of this she often wondered if the universe was working against them, after all the main reason she was hesitant on pursuing him was because of his brother- the same brother that dumped her for a certain brunette.

"We have to go catch up with super squad, someone's going to catch on if we're both missing" she gasped into his ear when he finished kissing her collar bone.

"We need a cover" he groaned, like it pained him to leave her side. She chuckled and placed a soft kiss on his lips.
"What do you suggest?" She entertained the thought, enjoying the playful mood that seemed to replace their lustful one.
"Maybe we tell everyone that we're just really good friends" he wiggled his eyebrows causing hope to giggle.
"Friends that make out?" She feigned seriousness.
"Like I said, really good friends" he smirks, causing her to let out a giggle.
"Why not just tell everyone I've been training you?" She stated nonchalantly.
"I like the idea of Friends with benefits more " Rafael smirks, gaining another playful push from hope.
"Seriously Raf" Hope sighed, moving from his hold to turn the water off.
"Us seeing each other won't be that big of a deal Hope, Landon broke up with you for Josie remember?" He reminded her and she felt herself going stiff.
"Look I'm sorry, I know it still affects you" he sighs when he realizes what he just said.
"No, I'm fine" She half smiles and begins to make her way out of the bathroom. Only she wasn't fine, as soon as Rafael brought it up she began to remember the hurt she felt that day.

After Landon's memory returned Hope found herself smiling at the sky. Santa's sled and reindeer leaving a trail. Only for that last shred of happiness to be destroyed by the Phoenix's confession and break up speech.
"Is this the part where you say something or run?" she was the first to speak, seeing that he wasn't sure of what to say.
"the first sounds more accurate" he looks down solemnly, her chest suddenly beginning to ache.

"Hope you were my first love, I never knew what love had meant until I met you. But you chose to leave and have everyone forget about you. I don't blame you for that anymore, but because of that decision I moved on" she felt frozen, her whole world felt as if it was collapsing. He was breaking up with her.

"I want to thank you for teaching me how to love because as much as I hate to admit this to you, I realized that i'm in love with Josie. She's always there for me and she makes me laugh like no other can. She's my best friend- and leaving her wouldn't only hurt her, it would hurt me too" she couldn't speak because if she were to open her mouth all that would come out was her sobs. So instead she took what was left of her pride and left, heading straight to her room. She ignored Alyssa's snarky comments and buried herself in the comfort of her bed.

She cried herself to sleep that night and woke to someone knocking on her and Alyssa's door. It was Rafael, he was standing with his hands in his pockets-clearly torn between his brother and best friend.
"I heard about what happened, do you want to go for a walk?" He asked awkwardly, she wasn't sure at first but something in his eyes seemed to comfort her so she found herself nodding.
"Sure" she replied softly.
"I remember you told me once that in our wolf mind things seem to be a lot easier, so I figured why not go to the woods and shift together. I can't seem to sleep either" he rambled, something she noticed he tends to do around her often.
"That sounds nice" she smiled at him genuinely, she was sure her eyes gave away the hurt she felt and they did.