6) What's the point..?

~Bakugo~

As I laid there, slowly fading from consciousness... I couldn't help but wonder, what my existence was even for. Eijirou has been in a coma for a year, and he's almost died three times. I got the call from the doctors yesterday telling me the "wisest course of action would be to let him have his eternal sleep." I... I don't want to live without you my love...

~~~~~

I don't know what I am doing here. I haven't been here since third year of UA, now that I reflect on it I probably should've visited All Mi-
... Toshinori that is. It still feels strange, visiting his grave. I wonder what I have come here in seek of finding. Is it resolution? Reason? I suppose I won't know until I find out.

As I enter this cold and dark place, filled with the souls of many heroes who have passed...
I am frozen in my tracks when I see him.

There he is, Deku. The man who has it all, the one who became the number one hero, married the love of his life, and adopted his two kids. He had everything I could've ever wanted, and everytime I looked at him all I could feel was an endless pit of anger. But Ei... he was always there to remind me of what I had, and what I could soon achieve if I just set my mind to it.

Now when I looked at him, holding his stupid umbrella and paying his respects to Toshinori
...I couldn't feel anything. All I felt was the liquid steaming down my face, but I couldn't feel my body, it was as if my emotions were just an empty pit and I was slowly being consumed.

Then he turned around and saw me, at first he was shocked and then his face filled with remorse. I was so sick and tired of seeing that expression on everyone's face, was I that pathetic?
Yes.

As I came to terms with it, something I promised would never let consume my mind again, I fell to my knees. I couldn't even talk, all I could do was sob. I really am pathetic. This is what happens when I grow too attached to someone isn't it? Because everyone dies, I should've prepared for this fate. I guess... no. Even if Eijirou was in the condition he is in right now, because of a heroic deed... I'd still be undoubtedly completely miserable.

Deku helped me get up and brought me to a bench, he just sat there waiting for me. Once I could finally mutter the words, I suddenly didn't care it was Deku. I just needed to know.

"What...what is the point in living if one way or another it all comes down to death? How does life even happen to decide who comes and leaves someone's life...?"

Deku went silent for a moment, but then he closed his eyes and he looked at the scenery ahead, but his gaze casted an ominous look...  almost as if he was looking at something beyond, and he wasn't looking at the scenery in front of us at all. He had the eyes All Might once had...

"It happens like this.

One day you meet someone and for some inexplicable reason, you feel more connected to this stranger than anyone else- closer to them than your closest family. Perhaps this person carries within them an angel... one sent to you for some higher purpose; to teach you an important lesson or to keep you safe from a perilous time. What you must do is trust in them.. even if they come hand in hand with pain or suffering. The reason for their existence will become clear in due time.

Though here is a word of warning- you may grow to love this person but remember they are not yours to keep. Their purpose isn't to save you but to show you how to save yourself. And once this is fulfilled; the halo lifts and the angel leaves their body as the person exits your life. They will be a stranger to you once more."

~~~~~

As I was walking home that evening, Deku's words never left me. I stopped for a moment on my way home. My heart started beating, of course my heart had always physically been beating but this was more of an emotional heartbeat. It was a sensation I hadn't felt for such a long time I almost didn't recognize it.
I immediately rushed to the hospital.

As soon as I arrived the doctors stared at me, one of them had stated they were just about to call me. I thought of the worse, why would the hospital need to call me unless if...

"D-did he flat line ag-gain?"

I almost didn't even want to hear the answer.

"No, Mr. Bakugo."

The nurse gave me a warm smile.

"He hardened his arm, that's a sign of a patient trying to wake up."