CH-2 Talaash kiski hain?!

Ranbir: Prachi, tum..tu..m...aakhir kar tum mere paas aa hi gayi....mujhe pataa tha tum zyada door mujhse nahi rehpaogi.....naya saal itna achha gaya hain to.....

Prachi: Haan.....theek kaha tumne....mujhe bhi achha lag raha hain apni family se milke.....after all duniya ke kisi bhi kone mein jao....ghar ka sukoon koi chheen nahi saktaa. 

Ranbir: Sukoon to tumne mujhe diya....

Prachi: Ek minute........Aap kuch keh rahe hain kya?

Prachi brushed her hair aside, placing a hand on her ear, as if something was there hung........except for the earing she wore. It was the air pod she had in her right ear. The glow from Ranbir's face faded finally ending into a dull circular flesh filled with despair, not because she was talking to someone else at his presence, but  the expectation..... cuz 'his' expectation was lost somewhere into the cold quiet crowd he was dwelling within. Wait.....Can a crowd be 'cold' or 'quiet' either? 

Ranbir: Matlab....tumne jo bhi kaha ......

Prachi: Wo...meri friend Sweety hain call mein....Wo mujhe kuch bol rahi thi isliye main aapki baatein sun nahi paai.....Aap kuch bol rahe the kya? Sweety aapki bohot bari fan hain...wo roz aapke gaane sunti hain....aap use kuch bolenge? Use aapke sath dosti karke achha lagega! (smiling though not quite) 

Ranbir looks back in order to find out to whom were these words conveyed....there wasn't anybody whose eyes were as curious to find their hidden answers as was his.....then...were these words conveyed to him? But he had never heard Prachi ever to speak the way.......it wasn't the type of speech he expected from Prachi's mouth. This was certainly not the way she used to talk to him. The words she chose to frame the particular sentence did not amaze him, but the scarcity did. Scarcity of emotions! Their was no emotion in her voice ........ no anger, disappointment, delight, sorrow , hate , nothing.... 'love' is far more than to expect. For a moment....he was happy, for Prachi's word were a key to the closed doors of his heart but the fact he was unaware of was that the key would only work if it was from the same source.....in short ....if Prachi didn't spill the words from her heart his heart would not be able to hear it.

He thought to calm himself down, and act accordingly, as if he was never so astonished to see the girl in the combo of jeans and kurti-top.....as if he was never so close to that girl before 2021, as if the respectful words of the very girl had never made Ranbir feel the smallest among the whole phase of life he faced so far. As if he had never ever been called 'Baklu' nor did .......UH! How can he even think that?

Ranbir: Nahi......use meri taraf se hi kehna....lekin dosti karne ke liye alag se kuch bolna nahi hain...bolne ke liye mere paas bohot saare dost alreaady hain....baatein karne ke liye chahiye the....

Prachi: Thik hain....to kar lijiye baat ....woh abhibhi call mein hain...

Ranbir: Ek saal main tumse door kya reh liya.....tum bolne aur baatein karne mein farq hi bhool gayi? (gives a deep sigh) Kash main har kisi se baatein kar pata!

Saying this he leaves, leaving Prachi alone.......literally alone!

_________________________________________________

Abhi, Ranbir and Prachi head towards Mehra mansion in the very car which transported them to the airport. There Abhi  conquers the front seat beside the driver while Prachi confines herself in the left passenger seat beside whom Ranbir sits with his full concentration on the moving air outside the glass window. No, he wasn't a nature lover, neither did he have any damn interest in the greens browns or greys, just that he needed to look somewhere to be unnoticed  and that moment it were only them who accepted him.