Welcome to Your New Apartment!

Hello there new comer! Welcome to you new apartment, apartment B14! The apartment complex has assigned me to send letters to new residents on proper etiquette and the rules you have to follow.

The following rules should be strictly followed no matter what. If you manage to break one of these rules, tell the apartment complex staff immediately.

1. When you walked in, your backup apartment key should've been next or on top of this letter. If it was not, then tell the complex staff immediately. They will work it out from there.
2. If you are about to enter the complex, and you notice somebody following you, do NOT under any circumstances enter the complex. Instead turn left at the door, close your eyes, and wait until you hear the creature run off. That was not a person, don't try to talk to it.
3. Because of a certain event, the elevator is currently out of service. You will have to use the stairs. If you ever hear or see the elevator door opening when you walk in, do not ever go into it. If someone steps out of the elevator, leave the complex immediately.
4. When walking up the stairs, make sure you only hear your footsteps. If you hear a second pair of footsteps, turn around immediately. If there is nobody there, you can continue up the stairs, they were just pranking you. If there is something there, blink as many times as you can until it's gone.
5. If you ever wake up in the middle of the night to screaming, ignore it and go back to sleep. Do NOT investigate.
6. If someone knocks on your door at exactly 5:13 am, ask who is there. If they answer as Fred, say "Come back later, I'm not ready." If they answer as Julie, say "I'm ok now, don't worry." If they respond as anybody else, or even someone you know, don't open the door.
7. When you wake up, you might find bits of food in your fridge or on the table missing. Don't worry, it was just hungry. However, if you find that all of your food is gone, tell complex staff as soon as possible. You might have to find a new apartment.
8. When you're about to leave the bathroom, look in the mirror, then do something unexpected. Maybe jumping up and down, waving your arms frantically, or making a bunch of silly faces. If the reflection doesn't match yours, then laugh as normally as you can, blink once, and exit the bathroom. If you fail to do that, then it WILL follow you out of the bathroom.
9. If you return to the complex to see an empty plot instead of the building, then you can only hope for the best.

Thank you for reading this! I suggest memorizing these rules, because they are crucial to your stay.

Oliver Stanforse

This was the note I found on the table when I first moved into my new apartment. I laughed it off. I thought this was just a funny prank they played on me, until the very next day, when there were footsteps following me up the stairs.

Part 2 coming soon...