Prologue

"I have something to say, but I really don't know how to explain." Hermione Granger sighed.

"Huh?" Amethyst raised her brows. "What is it about?"

"It's ridiculous to think, but please believe me. I don't want anything to keep from you."

"You're making me confused, Hermione, "Amethyst's brows crossed. "Just get to the point already."

"Okay, okay. Do you believe in witches, wizards, and magic?"

"Magic? I love to think about magic. But I don't know" Amethyst shrugged. "It confuses me."

"What if I told you that I am a witch?" Hermione said in a serious tone.

Amethyst started laughing. She thought it was some silly prank or joke. "Nice try, Hermione."

"I'm dead serious!"

"For real? You're a witch?" Amethyst said in a confused tone. Is she also a witch? Is this the explanation of how she broke her mom's vase? Or how she burned her classmate's hair? Amethyst gasped.

"Well, yes," Hermione said proudly. "I am going to Hogwarts soon."

"Hogwarts?"

"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" Hermione squealed.

"'Mione! Amy! Dinner's ready!" Hermione's mother shouted from downstairs.

Amethyst and Hermione stand up and rushed downstairs, giggling and chuckling.

The table was well-prepared and festive foods are served. Amethyst thought it was a celebration for having a witch in the family.

Hermione and Amethyst had been friends since the day they were born, although Hermione was born a year ahead, they were like siblings since their fathers' were very close to each other. They would come every weekend to Hermione's and vise versa. But Amethyst didn't really
like this idea.

"Is it Sara's birthday?" Amethyst's father asked, probably shocked because of the food prepared on the table, "I believe not."

"No," Sara, Hermione's mother, giggled.

"Perhaps your anniversary?"

"No, we were celebrating because Hermione is a witch!" Hermione's father said proudly.

The room was silenced for a while. They look at each other awkwardly.

"Are you joking?" Amethyst's father sniggered.

"Well, at first we thought the gigantic man was just playing with us," John, Hermione's father, chuckled.

Hermione's parents continued explaining that Hermione was a descendant of a wizard that was forgotten over generations.

"We're not supposed to tell you this, but I'm pretty sure you won't tell anyone," John said as he morsel a fried chicken.

"You should be really proud of her," Amethyst's father smiled as she looked at Hermione, "I hope my Amethyst is the same as her."

They started talking, sharing thoughts about this. But Amethyst silenced herself.

After they ate, Hermione and Amethyst went upstairs and proceeded to Hermione's room.

Amethyst lay down on Hermione's bed and let out a heavy sigh.

"What's that for?"