xii: brown eyed girl

"She was beautiful. A different beautiful, a type of beautiful that nobody else could be, but her."

I had a dream about the messy, brown eyed girl.

lt had been nearly two weeks.

l had a dream where l had actually gone after her. l gave her my number, which was actually Niall's, since l still have yet to buy a phone. And then she kissed me. She smiled. It was like nothing I've ever seen. It was something for real.

Then, two nights later, I had a dream in which she turned into a wolf, and tried to decapitate me.

Well, yeah, that was terrifying.

So now, here I am, at the little Viernamese market, where l was nearIy two weeks ago. And where I had seen a brown eyed girl, who could, perhaps, change my life forever.

Zayn asked for one of us to go grocery shopping, everyone groaned, but me. l thought it was a chance to find see her again.

ln my shopping basket l have almond milk ( for Louis), organic eggs, orange juice ( for Zayn), protein shake (for Liam), and bananas for Niall and l. And am currently looking at the Nutrition Facts label on the Vietnamese organic strawberry ice cream.

"Um, excuse me? E-excuse me?" A small, feminine voice behind me said. I whip around, hoping to see the messy, brown eyed girl, like in the cheesy, clichè movies. Boy meets amazing, mysterious, girl; amazing, mysterious girl leaves, boy and amazing, mysterious girl somehow meet again, and they fall in love.

I somehow wouldn't mind if my life actually turn out like that.

"Um, sir, excuse me?"

It's not brown eyed girl. Instead it's a blonde girl, with deep blue eyes. She's beautiful, no doubt about it. But not as beautiful as brown eyed girl. She was absolutely gorgeous, but a type of beautiful that only she could be.

"Uh, y-yes?" I ask the hot blonde.

"Do you work here?" she asked.

Do I look fucking Vietnamese?

"No ma'am. Uh, the owners are right there." I point to the Vietnamese family just a few yards away from us.

"Oh, okay, thanks." she started walking away, so l tend to the Nutrition Facts chart on the organic strawberry ice cream. But, she stops and turns to me. Then give her my attention, as I turn to her.

"You're not from around here, are you?" Absolutely not.

"No."

She smiles and gives her hand to me. 

"Kathy Morson. Nice to meet you."

"Harry. Harry Styles." I smile and slip my hand into her small one.

"Oh, you're British." she states matter of factly. I nod and smile, not really knowing what to do.

"Well, uh, Harry, I was just about to get a coffee from Starbucks. Did you want to maybe talk or whatever?"

"Um, actually I'm kinda busy. Work and stuff. You know how it is." I nervously chuckle. I was extremely uncomfortable. I was never good at communication.

"Are you single?" This girl just wouldn't stop. She looked hopeful. But how was I supposed to tell this hot girl that I was waiting for this beautiful, artsy, mess that I never properly talk to?

Suddenly, something snapped.

"Oh, I'm sorry love. I'm gay." I laugh to myself, I think of the time Louis and I kissed. A simple expierment.

She sighs and turns halfway, "they always are," she mutters before leaving. I shrug and advert my attention to the carton in my hands. And once I'm content with the grams of sugar in the ice cream, I go to the cashier to pay.

There are about five other people in the line. An Asian couple, an old white guy, a lady in a wheel chair, and a younger girl with dark brown hair.

And paint on her shoes.