2: Not A Witch

"Time's up, girls. Pens down." Hecate waved her hand, roaming around the room with Dimity Drill and Geraldine Gullet, collecting everyone's test.

As Hecate stood beside Rie's desk, offering her hand. Rie proudly passes her papers to Hecate.

Rie have finished her papers halfway of the given time, she made some corrections and drew at the back of her papers.

Hecate reviewed Rie's papers, and her jaw dropped. She thinks of how clever this girl is, possibly even smarter than Esmeralda.

'She will positively have a grade more than a hundred percent.'

She stares at the girls drawing, it reminds her of someone. Someone who's into Arts too. Someone who'll give her drawings and paintings of different potion ingredients as a gift.

Hecate willed those thoughts away, pushing herself to stop thinking about a certain person.

*°*°*

At the potion lab, Esmeralda stood beside Miss Hardbroom. Esmeralda was holding everyone's written test papers.

"I would like to congratulate Ethel Hallow for scoring 100 percent on her written exam. Tied with the school's record." Ethel's face were unreadable as she watched Miss Hardbroom wave her hand to distribute the papers.

"A tie?!" Ethel's voice echoed with anger, glaring with hatred at Esmeralda Hallow.

"Tied to your sister's score, Miss Hallow. She also scored 100 percent on her written examination." Miss Cackle explained calmly at Ethel, while Ethel just rolled her eyes.

"And..." Everyone waited for Miss Hardbroom to continue what she wants to say, "I would like to congratulate Henriette Asteria for breaking the school's record." Everyone looked at Miss Hardbroom with confusion, including Miss Cackle.

"Pardon, Hecate? What do you mean by breaking the school record?" Miss Cackle can't read her Deputy's emotions right now.

"She scored 127 percent in her written exam, Ada." Miss Cackle stared at Miss Hardbroom, waiting for her to continue speaking.

"How is that possible, Miss Hardbroom?! We were supposed to answer our written exam with having the highest score of 100 percent." Ethel's face was a dark red as anger consume her from the inside, she can't believe that a young witch like Rie was able to beat her in an academic way.

"You were supposed to answer, yes. Miss Asteria answered her papers with explanation and corrections with the questions and some of supposed to be answers. In short, additional percentage." If they were just in cartoons, you'll find that smoke was forming in Ethel's nose, she can't accept how easily Rie beat her.

"Miss Hardbroom, may I know what's the school record in practicality test?" Ethel smirked at Rie, she would perform a level eight transformation as a noble dragon.

"98 percent, Esmeralda holds the school record too." Ethel rolled her eyes when she heard her sister's name.

"98 percent, what a shame." Ethel whispered on herself as she set up her cauldron.

"A level eight, Miss Hallow?" Miss Cackle was shocked, no one except Hallow's have tried to do high levels of potion on their practicality test. Normally, young witches will choose level one or two.

"Yes, Miss Cackle." Ethel smirked as she stirs her cauldron.

"Are you sure you will complete the transformation including scales and internal combustion?" Miss Hardbroom's gaze fell upon the cauldron, smelling the potion Ethel was brewing.

"Why become a dragon when you can't breathe fire?" Ethel's smirk grew wider at the thought of scoring 100 percent in her practicality test.

*°*°*