09 || 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃

Her heart couldn't calm itself down, not while the police yelled at her and suddenly viewed at her like she was an alien. By the looks of her features, the NYPD lowered their guns at the frightened shifter. "Lower your weapons." The one in charge says, approaching Osa as she is still frozen in place.

"Please don't hurt me." She begged.

"Rosita Montez?" One of the officers asked her with great concern yet hope in his tone. "Are you Rosita Montez? Who went missing?"

Osa is slightly confused about being addressed by that name. When they asked her specific questions in regards to her old name, her lungs, and heart had soothed for a moment due to being unable to answer this type of question. She hadn't heard that name in what felt like millions of years. She gulped, shaking her head. "N-No."

Nearby, Donatello realizes Osa isn't following him or his brothers back home. Right away without a second more to think, he retreated back to the direction Osa had been left. "Osa?!" He called her name.

Once she heard her name, she gasped, glancing up at Donnie on top of the building. "Don!"

The police officers change their gaze to the male voice above them, dumbfounded at this scene taking place in front of them. "Hey!" One of them yelled out.

Donnie simply ignored the officers. He was more focused on Osa than the police. "You gotta shift!" He demanded her.

Shift? SHIFT?!

Osita is taking in the information that it is what she has to do to escape trouble. Shifting will get her out of this situation but it also might draw attention to her. It's better than being captured by officers who may have the intention to bring her to a lab of some sort. And she will not go back to a lab ever again.

She remembered what Donnie had taught her in the lair; focusing to change her shape in a snap! Osa felt her body shrink in a second as her arms peeled back skin and morphed into midnight black feathers with a long beak for a nose. The female crow flapped her wings and took liftoff to follow the mutant turtle on the rooftops. 

When the two mutants disappeared into the shadows, the officers were murmuring and chatting loudly about what they had just witnessed. They watched a girl who looked like the missing teenager, Rosita Montez change her shape into a black bird while being accompanied by a tall green figure. Thankfully, Osa and Donnie reunited with their family.

On the way there, Leo wasn't happy.

Really, nobody was.

As soon as they reached the lair, Osa listened to Donnie and Leo argue, their voices overlapping one another. Splinter was there beside them to make sure the two brothers didn't get into a brawl over a misunderstanding situation. They were arguing because Osa has been seen by the NYPD and it is possibly going to become public. Leo betted money on his smart brother, very confident that Osa's dead name would become the headline of Manhattan. He grabbed the remote from the arm of the couch and switched on the television in the living room.

When she gazed at her old facial features on the TV with her birthname at the bottom of the screen, her eyes widened at the sight of it. She'd done it this time... "Earlier tonight, NYPD believed they had just seen the face of a kidnapped teenager, Rosita Montez. The young girl was kidnapped just earlier this year by Eric Sacks and his Foot Clan. Miss Montez seemed to be in good shape--"

Osa hid behind a cement pillar, hugging the rough material with guilt washing over her like a river on stone. She slid her back down the cement pillar and hugged her knees tightly against her chest. This was becoming a whole new problem now. The entire plan for her life was to never be seen, but here she is, stuck in the chaos. Her facial features are out in the open and people are going to be asking questions about 'Rosita's' whereabouts.