Thirst: Fourteen

"He-he brought a m-man the o-other night.." The servant said as he stutters.

"huh?!" Lan Qiren exclaimed. 'So that's why he is canceling the wedding?' his brows met.

Just then, Lan Zhan arrived at the dining room.

"Uncle," he greeted him.

"Take your seat," Lan Qiren commanded with his serious tone.

Lan Zhan obliged, now is the time he needs to talk about his marriage cancellation.

But before he can speak, Lan Qiren spoke ahead of him. "Is it about a man in your room?" he uttered and look at him with his serious face.

"H-how--" he was about to ask, "You don't need to know, I'm the head of this house. It's obvious that I need to know what's happening inside this house," he said sternly and pick up his spoon and fork and started eating.

Lan Zhan looked at his uncle, rage is building inside him but he can't let it out. As his uncle said, he is still the head of the house, whatever happens, he still needs to respect him. Because of his father's death, his uncle took over the household and became the head of the house. Lan Qiren was the one who took care of them since he and his brother was still a child.

But he can't just let go of Wei Ying, it's not because he's pregnant with his child but he wants him by his side for the rest of his life. It was his first time experiencing this kind of feeling in his whole life, after their parents' death, before he can develop his emotions it already vanished.

"I would like to cancel the wedding," he uttered without hesitating, determination is in his eyes. He's determined to go against his uncle with this matter.

Lan Qiren stopped moving his hand and turn his gaze to Lan Zhan, 'Now, he's rebelling?' he thought. He sighed, "You give me no choice," he paused and set the utensils down.

"You're getting married or I'll send that man away," he continued, "choose your pick," he added and pick up his spoon and fork again and continued eating.

Lan Zhan's anger grew, it's like he was not even given a choice but to get married to Zhou Fei. His brows furrowed.

"Speaking of the wedding, Zhou Fei has not visited for three days," Lan Qiren casually changed the topic.

"You should hide that man and call Zhou Fei here to have dinner with us tomorrow," Lan Qiren added, ignoring Lan Zhan's frustration.

Lan Zhan clenched his fist in anger, he's still containing his anger. But not long enough before his anger burst. He looked down.

"Are you listening?" Lan Qiren asked and look at him again.

Lan Zhan slams his hand on the table that didn't even make Lan Qiren flinch, "I will cancel the wedding, no matter what happens." he said sternly with his gritted teeth. He turns away and about to take a step when Lan Qiren spoke, "You leave me no choice, then," he uttered and continued eating.

Lan Zhan looked at him at the corner of his eyes, he doesn't know what his uncle mean about what he said but it doesn't change his mind that he'll cancel the wedding. He's going to do it in his own way if his uncle will not make a way to do it.

.

"You've been following me around for almost three days, aren't you going to go home?!" Jiang Cheng shouted at Lan Xichen who has been staying at Jiang's mansion for three days straight.

His reason for Jiang Cheng's family is because he'll help to find his brother but all he did was play around with Jiang Cheng whenever they come home after a long day of searching.

"How will I able to help you when I go home?" Lan Xichen pouted. Jiang Cheng glared at him.

"You say that but you never helped me anyway," he said and rolled his eyes at him. He turned around, making Lan Xichen face his back.

Lan Xichen hugged him on his waist and scoot closer to him, sniffing on his nape. "Won't you miss me when I come back home?" he teased and plant butterfly kisses on his exposed nape.

"Who's going to miss you?" Jiang Cheng turns his gaze at him and raised an eyebrow.

"You," Lan Xichen smirked and about to catch Jiang Cheng's lips but failed when Jiang Cheng immediately turns his face away.

"Why would I even miss you?! You're a big pervert dumbass," he retorted.

"You say that but you're not fighting against me whenever I make my way with you," he teased and smirked.

Jiang Cheng's cheeks flushed red, now that Lan Xichen mentioned it, he is indeed not retorting whenever Lan Xichen jumps on him. He clicked his tongue, 'I've been played in his palm this whole time, this perverted asshole,' he cussed at him inside his head.

"It's a cute side of you tho, I like it. You say you don't like it but your body reacts against your will," he chuckled with his husky tone.

"S-shut up!" Jiang Cheng exclaimed.

"See, you're telling me to shut up but you're not pushing me away from you," Lan Xichen added and kissed his nape again.

Jiang Cheng looked down at his waist and see Lan Xichen's arms wrapped around him. He was about to push his hands away but Lan Xichen hugged him tighter.

"Oops, too late. I will not let go of you, never," he whispered in his ear with his husky voice that sent shivers down his spine. His cheeks flushed even redder, his heart is thumping fast and butterflies on his stomach are fluttering rejoicefully. Lan Xichen's words are like he's claiming him to himself despite having no strings attached.

"P-perverted asshole!" Jiang Cheng remarked and closed his eyes. He just wants to sleep all of what's happening right now. Whenever Lan Xichen stirs him up, his heart is jumping in bliss, 'I'm not even an omega, why am getting excited with an alpha,' he thought.

---

A/N: I'm lightheaded, I'm so sorry 🥴