𝖧𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖤𝗇𝖽𝗎𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ ・・⚘・・ ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Severus simply isn't a sunshine person

Severus simply isn't a sunshine person. He liked it when the air was soft and cool on his face, the sky painted with heavy and dark clouds. He thinks the boring blue sky is overrated and clouds make it more interesting to look at. That's why autumn is his favorite season.

But Lily loved spring, like the flower she was.

She was outside with her friends now, enjoying the sunshine and helping Alice make a flower crown when Severus approached her small circle and asked for a word.

Her friends had given him mistrusting looks but haven't said anything when she followed him back to the castle.

It's been a while since they've talked and it was mostly Severus' fault, he knew that.

"I thought we were supposed to be friends?" Severus said when their conversation drifted to their deteriorating relationship. "Best friends?"

"We are, Sev," Lily sighed, "but I don't like some of the people you're hanging around with. I'm sorry, but I detest Avery and Mulciber! Mulciber! What do you see in him, Sev, he's creepy. Do you know what he tried to do to Mary MacDonald the other day?"

Lily reached a pillar and leaned against it, looking up at Severus. He blushed at the intensity of her gaze. Were her eyes always so green?

"That was nothing." Severus said, proud of himself for not stuttering. "It was a laugh, that's all . . ."

"It was Dark Magic and if you think that's funny . . ." Lily interrupted before Severus interrupted her.

"What about the stuff Potter and his mates get up to?" he blurted out.

Now it was Lily's turn to blush. "What's Potter got to do with anything?"

"They sneak out at night." Severus said hotly. "There's something weird about that Lupin. Where does he go every month?"

Lily looked like she knew something he didn't and was guilty for it. "He's ill." she mumbled. "They say he's ill . . ."

"Every month at the full moon?" Severus interrupted her, pleading with her with his eyes to make her see what he sees.

"I know your theory." Lily sighed and she sounded exasperated and tired of having to have this conversation repeatedly.

The fact that she still defended Lupin, her "study buddy", after everything him and his friends had done to himself aggravated Severus but he didn't dare interrupt her.

"Why are you so obsessed with them anyway?" Lily continued. "Why do you care what they're doing at night?"

Severus ribbed his face tiredly. This wasn't how he expected to spend time with Lily, talking about stupid Potter and his stupid friends. "I'm just trying to show you they're not as wonderful as everyone seems to think they are."