𝖡𝗎𝗅𝗅𝗒𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖳𝗈𝖾-𝗋𝖺𝗀𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖬𝗎𝖽𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ ・・⚘・・ ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Severus Snape was simply brilliant at Defense Against the Dark Arts

Severus Snape was simply brilliant at Defense Against the Dark Arts. He's surpassed his peers by bounds they could only dream of, and has gone past only casting spells perfectly to actually creating his own.

Unfortunately, some of those spells have been used against him by the Marauders. The banes of his existence.

Sirius Black, the blood-traitor scum who thinks his pretty face makes him better than others. Remus Lupin, hiding behind his good boy facade but responsible for most of what his stupid friends were up to. And Peter Pettigrew, the lackey with no personality.

But the worst of the lot was James Potter, the arrogant fool with a head the size of an Erumpent's behind, who though he could simply swoop in and take Lily away.

Nevertheless, Severus wasn't having his usual thoughts about the Marauders today. He wasn't thinking about those heathens at all.

He was rather enjoying himself actually, sheltered from the sweltering June sun by a clump of sweet smelling bushes and reading over his DADA question paper again. He was proud of what he has done, he was sure to ace the exam in fact, and was looking forward to discussing it with Lily in the evening when she comes to the library to study with him.

Severus smiled at the thought fondly and folded the question paper carefully, tucking it into his book bag. He maneuvered his way out of the bushes to head to the Slytherin common room to get his Transfigurations textbook for a bit of reading before their next exam.

"All right, Snivellus?"

Great, Severus thought sarcastically. Exactly what he needed.

Severus reacted fast because he'd have to be a fool to think the Marauders would leave him alone for even a day. Instead of turning around to look at James, Severus dropped his bag a bit more carelessly than he'd like, and plunged his hand inside his robes for his wand where he kept it well concealed but within easy reach.

But James's reflexes were still better. Severus' wand was only halfway into the air when James shouted, "Expelliarmus."

To Severus' horror, his wand flew twelve feet into the air and fell with a little thud in the grass behind him.

Severus made a desperate attempt to dive for it but Sirius hit him with an Impedimenta before his outstretched fingers could lock around his trusty wand.

Severus' eyes, the only part of him not out of order, swiveled madly in their sockets, passing over everyone of the leering and smiling faces of the students gathered around to be entertained at his expense.

"How'd the exams go, Snivelly?" James asked, twirling his wand between his fingers.

"I was watching him." Sirius laughed.