2

Natsu P.O.V

"Natsu, Natsu, Natsu! Guess what? It's here! Oh God, it's here!" I hear my mom scream as she shakes me from my bed. I groan sitting up in my bed. "What came, mom? What's so important that you had to disturb me from my wonderful sleep, " I say groaning. "The letter! The one that decides your future, " she throws an envelope right at my face and jumps around. "Open it! Open it! Actually, wait no...Actually, go ahead, " She says causing me to smile. She is more excited then me.

"Are you sure you want me to open it?" I say teasing. Of course I'm gonna open it I want to see too. "Maybe you should wait for your father and Wendy...Actually no just open it!" She says as she giggles off nervousness." I open the envelope and take out the letter first. I read it out loud to my anxious mother.

" Finding your ideal partner was an incredibly difficult process due to you being such a...Interesting person. We wish you and your spouse a happy life, " I said reading it aloud. The address I was supposed to be moving to was at the bottom of the page along with a pretty gold ring with a heart shape diamond. "The ring is so gorgeous. I bet you she will be too, " Mom says causing me to chuckle. "Yea she is, " Natsu says. "You know who it is?" mom says raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I had my friend from school Levy run the odds of who am I most likely to get with. And she says there is a 99.9% chance I will get Lis, " I say shrugging. Lis and I have known each other since childhood and we've always been pretty good friends. Levy says that she is the only logical choice for me. But I'm just unsure. I don't see her romantically so it's gonna be weird. But if the guardians think that we belong together then what am I gonna say. "Mom, have the guardians ever been wrong?" I ask curiously. She shakes her head no, "They've never been wrong ever. All the people they've matched together had a 100% success rate, " Mom says as she smiles.

"Well start packing. And be more excited...I'm sure that this will be a great experience for you.." Mom says as she messes with my hair and leaves me alone with my thoughts. If it were up to me I wouldn't get married...But I guess I should suck it up huh? The ring is pretty though. I hold it up in my hand to the light. It was pretty but didn't seem like a ring for Lisanna...

It's been about 2 days of long packing. And I'm finally moving in..

Lucy P.O.V
I've been at the new apartment for a couple of days. It's like your heart jumps in excitement every time you hear a shuffle at the door. Just to be crestfallen to know it's the next-door neighbors. I have absolutely no idea who the guardians were gonna pair with me that's what makes it so thrilling. It doesn't help that I'm a hopeless romantic so my expectations of this experience are pretty high.

As I'm standing up in the kitchen planning for the future. Getting furniture, food, necessities when we run out because yes the guardians provide us with this temporary place to live in for our college years but we still have to pay for everything else. "Oi, Oi, Oi! Lis I'm here!" I hear an obnoxious voice say as the door bust open causing me to nearly jump out of my skin. I turn my head to see someone I never expected to see.

"Loopy?" Natsu says as shocked as I am. He then turns his head looking around the apartment. "Is this joke? Why would they pair me with you of all people?" He says. There has to be some type of mistake. "You're right they wouldn't pair me with an asshole like you. But your key did open the door right...?" I ask as I lift myself taking a seat on the counter. "Yeah-Wait did you just call me an asshole?!" I roll my eyes. "The guardians are something else if they think this is gonna work out, " Natsu says as he places his bags down.

"The first time anything worth agreeing on came out your mouth," I say as I scoff. I walk away to what I considered my room...which in actuality is the only room in the place-meaning? He's gonna have to move out... it was about an hour before I hear my room door open. "This is the only room in the place," he says as if that justifies him walking in with a couple of his bags. "Can't you just sleep in the living room?" I say as I roll my eyes. "Does the living room have a bed?" He asks causing me to sigh.

We sit there in an uncomfortable silence. "Oi can you stop breathing so heavy it's bothering me?" He says seriously. I turn my head to face him.

"Shut up

"Shut up."