3

"You're in denial. The guardians never make mistakes."

I sigh digging my head into my pillow. "There's just no way. It's ridiculous. Ridiculous..." I mumble. We've been in the same room for just an hour and I feel like I want to scratch my eyes out. "Yes it is ridiculous but there's no use complaining just go with it," I hear him say his voice muffled from chewing. I turn my head to look at him and my eyebrows sink. I grab the bag of popcorn from him.

"W-What are you doing?" He says causing me to roll my eyes. "No eating in the room," I say sternly as I look him in the eye. "You're such a stickler," he says as he sighs gently grabbing the bag from my hand and continues eating. I scoff, "Another reason why it won't work out. You're obnoxious, " I say as I pout. "Loopy I'm not obnoxious. I just don't care for restrictions, " He says as he pops popcorn in his mouth. "Loopy? Can you cut that name out of your vocabulary? You've called me that since we met it's irritating."

"Then Luce?"

"Eh?" I say as I look at him a bit taken back. He looks back at me and shrugs. "I'm compromising with you. I won't call you loopy...I'll replace it with Luce. You let me eat in the room, " he says. It was a bad deal. Eating in the room is unhygienic. But the nickname isn't that bad at all..."Fine whatever. But it would help if you didn't eat on the bed all the time."

"I will try. See not as obnoxious as you thought, " he says as he chuckles. "No. Still very obnoxious." he sighs as he shrugs. I get up off the bed. I've been very unproductive all-day I need to go and do something, "I'm leaving, " I say as I put on my sneakers. I already was wearing sweats and a tank top so I am practically ready to go. "Where are you going. It's pretty late, " He asked. "I um I heard there was a market nearby I'm gonna head over there to buy some things." I wasn't used to be questioning me so it's a bit weird.

"I'll come," he says getting up and stretching. I look at him weirdly then shrugs, "Okay then," I say as I watch him grab sneakers from his bag and throw them on as well. We then both head out in awkward silence. When we get inside the market I grab a cart and Natsu just follows me around as I shop. It's quiet until his voice shakes me out of my thoughts. "Oi Luce my friends just invited me out to a party you should come," He says. I stop in my tracks and turn to face him. "No way."

"Why not?" He says. "Well, I need to study- "Study?! It's summer. The school doesn't start back up for another month. you can't take a break," He asked. I shake my head no, "I can't slack off just because it's summer that's irresponsible, " I say as I turn my body and begin to walk into a new section of the market.

"Here we are. Pick out a futon, " I say to Natsu. He looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Why?- "there's no way In hell I'm sharing a bed with you okay? It's weird, " I explain feeling a faint of heat fall across my face. "Then why don't I take the bed if you have a problem with it?" he asks and I shrug, "i got to the place first so I got first to pick, " I say as I smirk. He scoffs as he looks around and finally picks one out and throws it in the cart and we continue moving.

By the time we got home, Natsu had jumped into the shower to get ready for his party. I on the other hand laid on the carpet and did some work. I mainly just studied over some old notes to keep everything up there fresh. "Hey, Luce you sure you don't want to go?" He asks walking into the room. I look at him and eyes widen as I look at him. His hair falling over his face, towel wrapped around his waist, his chest exposed. You could see the droplets of water slide down his bo-"hello? I asked you a question. Cmon it'll be fun, " he says I immediately look down at the ground.

I clear my throat gently, "I'm good Natsu. I rather study, " I say softly as I keep my eyes away from him. He shrugged, "At least i tried..." he says taking his clothes with him out of the room to change in the bathroom. I let out a deep breath. He is indeed a complete dumb ass but he isn't bad too look at at least. I then continue to go back to my studies. About 30 minutes later he bust into the room once again. This time he is fully clothed... Unfortunately. "Hey i am about to leave. Come lock the door behind me, just in case..." he tells me. I sigh getting up and following him to the door, "How sweet of you..." i tease. He scoffs, " Please... I need someone to make my food for me.." I scoff. "you better do it yourself.." i murmur. 

"Don't make a lot of nose when you come in, I am not a nice person when i am woken up from my sleep." I tell him. He chuckles, "You are not a nice person regardless... But i won't be too late. Can't leave you alone on our first night together."  I roll my eyes slowly closing the door on him, "Yeah yeah whatever"