Yellow Daisies

A/N: I didn't notice before, but I kind of messed up the dates, the gap was too much and I didn't consider their ages as well. So, I changed the setting to 2006 instead of 2014. Their ages in 2006: Heejun (32), Woohyuk (32), Tony (31), Kangta (30), Jaewon(27). You can do the math from there lol sorry.

~~

August 20, 1997

A tall kid was seen pacing back and forth, his large backpack hitting his behind as he took large steps in front of a building. He would glance at the paper in his hands, turn around, shake his head and turn back around.

"No no no no! I can't be late on my first day!" He whispered-shouted to himself.

He dropped on a near-by bench in defeat. He covered his face in an attempt to prevent himself from crying. He'd asked five different people for directions, yet he couldn't find the building his classes were in. He couldn't entirely blame those 5 students who kindly gave him instructions on how to get there though. Half-way through their verbal instructions, he'd panic for some reason and not pay attention to what they were saying at all. And he was too shy to ask them again for clarification. It could've been the nerves of being in such a big campus -new to college, and knowing no one around- that made him pretty much lose his cool.

"This stupid map is-is stupid!" He crunched up the paper he'd been carrying around all morning, and tossed it to the ground.

"Stupid!" He stood up with intentions to kick the now paper ball, only for him to miscalculate his aim and trip on his own.

He slowly rolled on his back, biting on his lip to hold himself from wailing like a little baby. He was lucky this part of campus was pretty empty, it would've been pretty embarrassing if someone had seen his little breakdown.

Man at least no one saw that.

"Hey kid? You okay?"

He felt his soul leave his body as he heard those words coming from afar. He couldn't bring himself to face the person speaking to him. He quickly rolled to the side to avoid eye contact with the stranger.

"Y-Yeah...I just- I was just taking a nap," He tried to say as calmly as he could.

"I saw you walking around earlier....did you scrape a knee? you took quite a fall there"

"You saw all that?!" He quickly turned around to face the person. He almost jumped at the sight of the man kneeling close to him. The guy seemed older, had a cool stache n cap.

"...Yeah..." The guy said.

The younger began to cry. He'd already embarrassed himself in front of this stranger, what was the point of acting cool at this point?

"Hey hey hey, why are you crying? you okay?" The guy scooted closer.

There was no response. The guy let him cry a little longer, he seemed very stressed. Crying won't hurt anybody, the guy thought.

"...What's your name?" The guy asked after a while.

"I-It's Jaewon, my name's Jaewon...I'm new here..."

" I see... my name's Woohyuk," he stretched out his hand towards Jaewon, "here, let me help you."

Jaewon took Woohyuk's hand, slowly getting on his feet. He turned around to reach for his backpack, shyly looking back at Woohyuk.

"Thanks."

Jaewon wiped his tears his with sleeves, "Im-Im kinda lost...I can't find my classes"

"Figured," Woohyuk chuckled.

"Yeah I'm an idiot," Jaewon picked up the ball of paper from the ground, "are all universities this big or is it just this one?"