12) Punching the Air

Follow Vote Comment

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! "Ugh!" Dixie had set an alarm so she could wake up at a decent time. She quickly remembered what she was planning on doing and her stomach turned to knots. She wasn't doubting her decision at all, she was just worried.

She started her usual morning routine. She knew it was a bad habit, but the first thing she did every morning was open up Instagram. She always checked the basics as everyone does, and then she goes to check Tiktokroom. She always has to make sure she hasn't been posted overnight and luckily today she hadn't.

Right before she was going to turn off her phone she quickly refreshed in case they had made a post while she checked the others. One new feed post appeared, and the thumbnail made Dixie's heart drop down to her stomach.

#griffinjohson caught kissing a girl other than #dixiedamelio 2 nights ago👀

Dixie couldn't believe what she was seeing. A video of Griffin kissing a random girl outside some restaurant. It was the night of their fight. While she was having the time of her life with Noah, he was cheating.

Her eyes filled with water in seconds and she began crying loud enough that Charli heard her as she passed by the open door. "Dixie! What's wrong!" She ran into Dixie's room who just shoved the phone into Charli's chest. She must have watched the video but Dixie was too disoriented to even notice.

The next thing she knew Charli had wrapped her arms around Dixie and was leading her to her bed. She just cried on Charli's shoulder for a few minutes without speaking. After she had slightly calmed herself she looked at Charli.

"You were going to break up with him anyway..." Dixie took a deep breath and decided on what to say. "I knew he was a jerk to me. I guess I had just always hoped it wasn't intentional." Charli scoffed. She was disgusted by what Griffin did to her sister. "Yeah well, I doubt this was an accident. Unless he was trying to stick his tongue down a smoothie and missed."

Dixie lightly laughed, "Damn, Char." She and her sister didn't always get along, but they both loved each other with every piece of their hearts. They were very protective over each other and anyone who hurt a D'Amelio sister had to face the harsh wrath of the other.

"Dix, he doesn't deserve your tears. He treated you horribly and you have always been so much better than him." Dixie sighed, "I know that, it just sucks being cheated on." Her tears started to flow again and Charli placed Dixie's head on her chest and hugged her tight.

She continued to cry on Charli for a few more minutes before asking to be left alone. She laid on her bed just processing all the thoughts running through her head. She had stopped crying and slowly walked to her bathroom mirror.

She stared at her reflection. Charli was right, Griffin didn't deserve her. She didn't have a lot of faith in herself, so she didn't think of herself as an amazing person. But at least she wasn't a cheater. At least she'd never tear her boyfriend down, make him feel worthless, and then kiss somebody else.

She wasn't going to waste any more tears on him. Sure it sucked being cheated on, but she didn't have any feelings for Griffin, she no longer cared about his opinion on her because she knew he was wrong. So she wiped her tears and splashed her face with water. She walked back into her bedroom and grabbed her phone.

She texted Griffin a simple "We're over." Sure it was cliche, but it was all he deserved and definitely enough to get her point across. She deleted his number and took a deep, semi-calming breath.

She walked outside to see her mom who looked very worried, Charli had clearly shown her the post. Dixie hugged her mother and felt her immediate ease. "I'm okay mom, really. I was planning on breaking up with him anyway." Heidi gave her a tight squeeze and smiled at her daughter's strength.

After a sweet moment with her mother, Dixie went back into her room and thought about what she wanted to do. She knew it wouldn't be a smart idea to go outside because the paps would be all over her. She wanted to hang with some friends, and her first thought was Noah. She opened up the Nuggies group chat and invited both Noah and Curtis over.

Nuggies🤠

Dixie: Heyy
Dixie: Can you guys come over today? I wanna hang
Curty: Yess bae be there at 1
Hype Boy❤️: Are you sure? I saw the video
Dixie: Thank you Noah, but I'm okay. I could use some friends tho :)
Hype Boy❤️: Ok I'll ride with Curtis
Curty: I guess I'll pick you up.🙄
Hype Boy❤️: Love you curty😘
Curty: Gross

Dixie had 2 hours to get herself ready. She finished her morning routine and then walked into her closet. She picked out a simple outfit, gray sweatpants and a tight-fitting crop top from Hollister. She was still feeling slightly worse than her usual self so she didn't feel like wearing anything too nice and instead opted for a comfortable (but still presentable) outfit.

She did her simple everyday makeup and then grabbed her phone and went to make breakfast. As she was eating her cereal she realized she still hadn't publicly responded to the post on Tiktokroom.

She pulled up the video and saw the fans going crazy waiting for one of them to say something. Griffin was yet to respond or even like the video. She figured everyone deserved to know how Dixie was doing. And how was she doing?

Surprisingly well. She thought for a while and deeply reflected on her feelings. She didn't ever love Griffin, and she didn't even like him anymore. She realized, looking back, that she hadn't for quite a while. Possibly even before she met Noah.

Or maybe, her feelings for Griffin disappeared when she met Noah. He showed her the way she deserved to be treated. She kept pushing the idea of them together away because she felt guilty but now that she was single, she realized she might be falling for Noah.

She didn't want to think about that now, but she told herself to come back to it later. For now, she needed to make sure she was fully over Griffin. The last thing she'd want is to try and jump into a relationship with Noah when she still wasn't completely over her ex.

She opened up the comments on Tiktokroom and began twiddling her thumbs, leaving two separate comments:

'lol Dixie really punching the air right now' and 'guess I'm single now😋'

She chuckled at her sarcasm, knowing this would confuse the fans as she appeared surprisingly happy for someone who got cheated on. They didn't know the full story, they didn't know how Griffin really treated her.

She was fearful for the online days to come. The internet would create so many rumors, some of which most likely painting her in a bad light. And, knowing the internet, she figured some of them would involve Noah. They were known to be close and were even seen together the same night Griffin was kissing someone else.

She knew she wasn't prepared for how much hate they'd all get and how many accusations were going to be thrown around. but at least she knew the truth, she just hoped she wasn't going to need to speak so publicly about the many problems in their toxic relationship.

Suddenly Dixie heard a knock at her front door. She had been chilling in her room and realized she was thinking about all of this for over an hour. She hopped up from her bed but before she could make it downstairs she heard her mom beam, "Noah! Curtis!"

____________________

hey bubs! <3

Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for. THEY'RE OVER!! So then, what does that mean for Noah's (And Dixie's) feelings? (word count- 1368)

Follow Vote Comment