14) Malibu Nights

Follow Vote Comment
hi again! reread if you forgot this book cause it's been a while lol

"Dude it's not a big deal, who cares." Bryce walked nonchalantly out of Noah's room, clearly not caring to help his struggling friend. Noah groaned and went back to looking at the two outfits he had laying on his bed.

Bryce was right, it didn't really matter. Both of the outfits were fine, but he couldn't help but put pressure on himself to choose the right thing to wear. He groaned again, louder, and grabbed one of the outfits to put on.

He shouldn't be trying to impress Dixie. That was wrong for many reasons. Dixie had only been single for a week and he knew trying to flirt in any way would be too much pressure and probably not what she wanted, needed, from her friend.

Even though she was single now, they were still strictly friends and he didn't want to mess things up by trying something. While he still felt a little uncomfortable about his crush on Dixie, he no longer felt any guilt. He didn't care about Bro Code with Griffin, because he had broken the Relationship Code.

He was angry with Griffin, but he didn't want to start any fights. As much as he cared for Dixie, he knew Griffin was a boy to him and his friends and he wasn't a horrible person. He never liked to cause problems, and if Dixie could make her peace with him then so could he.

He wasn't ever going to talk to Griffin about his crush on Dixie unless she felt the same way. He wasn't sure how he would react, as well as the other boys. But it didn't matter, he was fairly certain Dixie didn't feel the same way.

After he finished getting ready he headed out the door and started driving to everyone's houses since he was chosen as the driver. First, he picked up Bryant, then Chase, then Curtis. He was very excited for the trip because he was looking forward to becoming even closer to Chase, Curtis, Charli, and of course Dixie.

---

They all screamed and hollered as they made their way out of the car and onto the sandy beach. They had been looking forward to the trip for what felt like ages, especially Dixie with the crazy week she's had, so this trip was exactly what they all needed to relax.

They spent hours just hanging in the sun, tanning, and swimming. They were such a tight-knit group so their amazing time was expected. What was not expected, however, was the notable flirting between Dixie and Noah.

It started in the car, when Noah winked at Dixie after he explained that he saved the passenger seat for her so she could control the aux. Later, Noah chased her around the sand as she ran away squealing and giggling her heart out.

And they wrestled in the waves together, Dixie would playfully hit him and he'd hold his hands on her waist as they played and joked in the waves. They were being very touchy with one another, which did not go unnoticed by the others, and made Noah go crazy.

He still had his doubts. He didn't know if that was just her personality, if she just took his actions as friendly and nothing more. But he didn't let his doubts ruin the moment, he continued to focus on being happy spending quality time with the girl he liked.

What Noah failed to understand, Dixie's actions were anything but plutonic. She was crushing on Noah and was having such a good time in Malibu, she knew she was being more flirty than usual but she didn't mind. She liked Noah and she didn't care to hide it.

Even so, she wasn't sure what she wanted to come of it. She didn't want to lose Noah so getting into a relationship scared her. She didn't want to let her past relationship or pressures from the internet ruin how good things were going with them.