Chapter 4: Aspen High

Recommended song for Chapter 4: None, your choice!(Recommendations Welcome)^~^

(Chases' POV) -Same day-

*

We were about five minutes from my house when I turned the radio down and asked Axel to get my phone to call Liz and tell her that we were on our way to pick Clara up. The reason I didn't call her personally is because 1) I'm driving and I don't have a death wish, and 2) I didn't want to be the one to have that particular conversation.

While I do hate mornings, I'm not as childish when it comes to actually getting myself up. No, it would be Clara who threatens, bargains and cries for the sad sap who woke her up to give her five more minutes of peaceful sleep. Axel gives me a distasteful look while grabbing my phone from the cup holder and starts to look for Liz in my contacts, and about ten seconds later he's holding it up to his ear as it rings for Liz to pick up.

It doesn't take long for Liz to answer and ask what I'd want this early in the morning, but I just listen to their conversation while watching the road;

"It's Axel...School starts today...Yes...Please do...He's driving...Almost there...No...Rich's with us...Unfortunately...Ok... Bye." With that he hangs up and puts my phone back into the cup holder.

"So, what'd she say?" I ask with a bit of hesitation.

"Something about teaching Clara a lesson on punctuality, and that she'd be waiting in the driveway by the time we get there." He says while looking out the window at the passing scenery.

I give a small chuckle and smile before saying; "Liz has tried to teach Clara that particular lesson throughout her life, and she still hasn't learned it." This gets a small rise out of Rich who has been texting non stop to who I am sure is one or more of his fangirls from school.

Like I said, with his slightly long straight black hair, mischievous baby blue eyes and his overall good looks, body and outgoing personality, Rich would be the whole package. Well, if not for the fact that he lives for the thrills and changes girlfriends weekly. Hell even Axel is charming with his short dirty blond hair, dark sea blue eyes, a strong build, and put it together with his silent but strong attitude while brandishing a matching tattoo he shares with his father on his chest?

All cards are off, and I'm sure he'd have more admirers fighting for his attention if not for the small fact that he already found his mate. He found her as soon as he turned 16 last December third, and let me tell you that it was pure agony consoling him every time he pissed her off or restraining him from killing the other male pack members for even glancing at her while he was near. I know I got at least three black eyes along with multiple bruises while attempting to calm his wolf down since they hadn't mated yet, and thus had not marked her as his yet.

The mating ritual is very important and sacred to mates, since it proves their mutual love for one another and also protects and warns them from the unmated wolves that they're already taken. My least favorite part is definitely the marking, it's where each mate must find the certain spot on the others body where they will bite, heal and scar to prove that they belong to each other.

They could be marked on the neck, arm, tongue, ear and typically anywhere else on the body...well, except for places like eyes and fingers. I was definitely terrified of being bit by a boy when I was still a kid, and I started to hate the idea more when Clara started emphasize how it would hurt so bad that I'd probably go into a coma for a month because of the pain.

Of course I knew it wouldn't hurt that bad, but it still bothered me immensely. The thought of an unknown man owning me and my life was just as frightening, and I've since disliked the idea of mates since then. Though that doesn't mean I've been whoring myself out to anything in a skirt like Rich, no offense, but I'd be dammed if I lose my V-card to a one night stand, and especially not while I'm a dude.