Chapter 3

Andrea’s POV

I receive a text from Kian telling me to meet him at Jamba Juice so I walk a little past the beach to the small smoothie shop. When I walk in I am greeted by the smell of fresh fruit. I look around for Kian and see him sitting at a small table in the corner. I walk over to him and see there are two smoothies on the table. I pull out the chair opposite of him and sit down. Kian looks up and smiles then slides a smoothie to me. “It’s strawberry banana” he says. How did he know that was my favorite?

“Thank you” I say back with a smile.

“Wanna go down to the beach?” He asks standing up and grabbing his smoothie.

“Sure” I simply reply while standing up, also grabbing my smoothie. We walk into the sand and find a place to sit. We finally find a place on the busy beach and put our towels out on the sand. Kian takes off his shirt and I do the same, also taking off my shorts and flip flops. We walk down to the water and when I step in it’s nice and warm. I walk all the way in and go underwater. When I come up for air, Kian is standing there and wraps his arms around my waist. “Uhh Kian?” I question him.

“Oh, sorry” He says and starts walking towards the beach. I follow him to the towels and lay down to tan. He lays down next to me. “Andrea?” he asks with a nervous tone in his voice.

“What’s up?” I ask sitting up, he does the same and looks right into my eyes.

“Andrea so we have been friends for a few years now, and I have thought you were beautiful since I first laid my eyes on you. Throughout this past year I have started to develop feelings for you and after what happened at that party, I’ve realized that those feelings are real. I like you Andrea.” He lets out a breath. With my mind racing and my thoughts running around in my brain I sit there in disbelief. Did that really just happen? Do I like him back? I don’t know right now. I need time. “I understand. You don’t like me back. Bye Andrea.” Kian says and stands up.

“No Kian wait, I’m just not sure at this point, I need some time to think” An expression of hope crawls onto Kian’s face as I stand up. “I’ll text you later okay?”

“Okay” He says and starts walking towards the boardwalk. I wait a little longer then start walking back home.

~~~

“I don’t know Jenn I might like him but I’m just really confused at this point.” It’s 11pm now, Jenn and I have been talking since I got home around 6. I stopped at Chipotle on my way home and picked some food up for us.

“I think you should just sleep on it”

“I think you’re right Jenn, goodnight” I say as I stand up and begin to climb the stairs.

When I finally make it to my room I go to the bathroom to shower. After I wash my hair and body I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around my body. I walk over to the mirror and comb through my hair. When I’m finished I go into my room and over to my dresser. I get some pajamas and change then I hop into bed. I crawl under the covers and grab my phone. I have 2 messages. The first is from Lauren, I was talking to kian earlier and he really likes you, he would be good to you andrea, I say go for it. take a chance. Maybe she’s right…The second message is from Kian, goodnight beautiful :) I text him back with goodnight :) meet me at Starbucks at 10 tomorrow morning? I get a reply almost instantly see you there:)

With that I drift off into sleep thinking about my decision hoping it won’t be a mistake.

We hope you enjoyed the chapter :)

twitter: @morgsie12349

instagram: @morgsie12349

snapchat: morgsie12349