My Tutor (Yoonnie)

Jennie POV: 

Have you ever seen a person, and been physically taken aback because they're so attractive? Yeah, I have, and that person was Min Yoongi. He was the music tutor in the grade above me. He was smart, funny, sarcastic, and totally out of my league. I had his piano lesson every Tuesday after school, and my parents paid him for it. I had been in... well I probably wouldn't call it love, more like a strong crush, for about two years. I had thought about asking him out on a date, or to prom, or stuff like that, multiple times, but I always chickened out. I mean, he would never say yes, right? 

"Hey Jennie, do you have the piece memorized yet?" I walked into his room. The familiar set up of the piano across from his bed, and the familiar smell of air freshener covering up general boy smell. 

"I think so, I've been practicing," I sat down next to him on the piano bench. He nodded, indicating for me to start. I started playing the piece, trying to keep in mind his corrections and the notes ahead, and to not get distracted by the masterpiece sitting next to me. Jennie, focus. 

"Good job, I can tell you practiced. What, no social engagements this week?" he teased. I was what some people would classify as popular, and I usually had something I was doing. Between football games and parties and homework, fitting in piano practice was rare, but when I had time for it, I made sure to practice. 

"Yeah, all my friends were shopping for their prom dresses, but I didn't go with them," I admitted. Pick up the hint, I begged in my mind. 

"Why didn't you? Aren't you going?" he asked. 

"No, I don't really want to this year," I fiddled with a ring I was wearing. 

"Did no one ask you or something?" he chuckled slightly. What did that laugh mean? I thought. 

"No, a couple guys asked me, but no one I actually wanted to go with," I frowned. 

"What, Mr. Dreamboat didn't ask you?" he tilted his head. I had mentioned a crush of mine in passing a few times. What, it was harmless! There was no way for him to know it was... him. 

"Uh, yeah. He didn't ask me," I gulped. 

"What is this guy, stupid? Why wouldn't he ask you?" he laughed again. 

"It's complicated. He doesn't even know I like him," I grit my teeth a bit. 

"He should've still asked you. Anyone would be lucky to go with you," he smiled. I sighed. Was this the right time? Should I just say it? I made up my mind and closed my eyes. 

"He's my piano tutor. I've liked him for a while. I've been too scared to tell him, so I guess I just did tell him," I opened my eyes. Yoongi looked stunned for a second, but then he smiled again. 

"Well, I heard that he's thought you were really amazing for a while, but he didn't want to ask you out, because he thought you'd reject him. He told me to ask you to the prom for him. That is, unless you wouldn't be willing to go with your tutor," he grinned. 

"I'd love to go with my tutor."