Chapter Three

I ran into my bedroom, flopping on my bed, as I always do when I need to sort myself out.

Do I like Sophie? I mean, my heart does flutter when I'm around her, and my hand tingled when she touched it... She made me blush- But what about Biana? I mean, I last saw her a day ago and I didn't start going crazy inside... does this mean my crush on her has subsided? And been replaced with one on Sophie? 

I think I have a crush on Sophie. 

"I have a crush on Sophie Foster," I whispered to myself.

"I really do. Oh, this is going to make everything a whole lot harder," I sighed, and sat at my bay window to think about the meaning of life. And Sophie.

~~~~~~~

Done thinking about the meaning of life and Sophie (mainly Sophie), I headed downstairs and took out some butter blasts that I made with Dex. As I sat down on the couch in the living room, I spotted a scroll with an official seal on it. I set down my butter blast and quickly ripped it open. Better to get the pain over with.

Dear Mr. Tam Song,

We regret to inform you that Lihn Song has died. It was a tragic accident involving the Neverseen. Please join us tomorrow for her planting. Also, as you are her brother, we would like for you to prepare a speech to give. Thank you.

-The Councilors 

Great. Another Wanderling. Planted by the same people who rejected and banished us. They couldn't even get her NAME right. I crumpled up the scroll and threw it out. Tears threatened to fall, but I blinked them back, and went straight up to Linh's room, sat on her bed, and wrote on a scrap of paper on her nightstand, with a picture of all of us in front of the Panakes Tree. We all look so carefree, not knowing what tragedy would strike the next day. More tears come, and this time, I let them out, sobbing on the blue-purple bedspread.

~~~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up in Linh's room, with wet spots on the bedding from my tears last night. I looked at the alarm clock on her nightstand, and realized I slept until noon.

 I quickly got out of bed and went to get ready for the day. Brushing teeth, changing into a plain black tunic, fixing my hair, which is WAY better than that boy's hair, by the way.

I'm probably going to visit the Wildwood Colony for a bit. Once I was ready, I went down to the kitchen to grab a bottle of youth to drink, as my throat was dry. After I drank half the bottle, I felt a lot better, so I ate half of a blitzenberry muffin, then gathered enough shadows to shadow-travel there. 

Shadow traveling is a strange experience. You first cover yourself in shadows, then you are transported to a different dimension. There's like a bus, which you are in, and you think about where you want to go, and it takes you there. We can go through solid objects, and where light doesn't reach. The only downside is we can't take others with us. It's also strangely cold down there.

Wildwood was my happy space. Where I felt safe. Where I was reminded of post-Neverseen times. It's also when I first saw Sophie with my own eyes.

I sat down in the middle of the clearing and started to practice with all the nearby shadows. Darkness calms me. Surrounds me, keeps me safe. Protected. Invisible.

A/N: I know, not as much as you were hoping for, but school is so time-consuming! And I really hope Wattpad doesn't get sold, because I might not be able to continue on here :( Remember, take care of yourself, eat something, drink water, and have a good day/night!

-bonnie 💖🧡💛💚💙💜