Cherry Blossoms

Total Number of Chapters - 32
Started: 12 March 2020
Ended: 17 June 2020

────•✰•────

Flashback

Taehyung never believed to be loved and cherished this way but Jungkook made him believe.

The church boy was granted to love and stay happy with his lover.

They were happily married and owned a beautiful spacious house near the orphanage and school so they had an ease to look after children and stay together at the same time.

Jungkook was completely head over heels for Taehyung, it was never hidden but a lot of things changed with the age except for their love for each other.

It's been 5 years since their wedding and everything was just as perfect as before.

The children of the orphanage were like their own children to them but Taehyung wanted to adopt too, seeing them growing in front of his eyes.

He hadn't told Jungkook about it but was pretty sure that he would do soon but a phone call from Mr. Jung shook him to the core.

It was night time, Jungkook sitting on a couch near the fire and his eyes fixed on the book that he was reading.

He raised his head up when he saw Taehyung rushing towards him, face bewildered and Jungkook stood up in an instant, reaching out to hold his hands.

"Tae? What's wrong?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung tried to take deep breaths before explaining, his actions panicking Jungkook.

"What is it? Tell me?" Jungkook asked, placing his hand on Taehyung's cheek.

"M-mr. Jung c-called…"

"Yeah, what is it?" Jungkook encouraged, worries dripping through his eyes.

"A very t-tragic car accident took place near the school. I-it was a family of four, the parents couldn't survive." Tears brimmed up in Taehyung's eyes as he described.

Jungkook instantly brought his head to his shoulder, hugging him and palming his back with his hands gently.

Taehyung is just so sympathetic and innocent, his heart was still beating to cause any goodness for others.

"Oh lord, when did it happen?"

"A while ago… K-kookie, we need to be there. He said there were two kids." Taehyung informed, breaking the hug.

Jungkook gave instant nods.

~~~

The two reached the hospital in a rush. They found Mr. Jung and some other priests standing in front of the room in the corridor, their eyes closed in a manner of praying.

Taehyung walked slowly to them, heart so heavy by the tragic event.

"It was the Song couple…" one of the priests whispered and Taehyung covered his mouth with his hands and Jungkook's eyes widened in shock.

The couple was known for their generosity towards the people, they always donated to the poor children of the town and were always humble towards others, they didn't deserve it.

Tears couldn't stop when Taehyung thought of the couple, closing his eyes he prayed for their souls to rest in peace.

Jungkook joined them too, not forgetting to keep his hand on his husband's back in a comforting manner.

The couple had little twins, a boy and a girl of only a few months who didn't even know how to speak yet.

They were safe as they were sleeping in their cradle in the backseat, none of them was hurt but a question was who will take care of them?

They were literally infants and orphanage was not an option here.

It was God's deed that he let the children be there where they should be and it was in Taehyung's embrace.

Just when he found out about the kids he went to the other room to see them, finding them laying silently on a bed while a nurse was making sure none of them was hurt.

Taehyung sat on the edge of the bed as he saw the little innocent babies, his teary eyes never leaving them.

"Thank God they are safe but they don't deserve to lose this much." The nurse said in mourning and looked down at the babies.

"C-can I hold them?" Taehyung asked in a shaky voice, hesitant hands reaching to their faces.

"Yes." She answered and Taehyung couldn't be less happy.

He tried to hold them together at once, carrying them together on each arm as he looked down at them.

Jungkook walked into the room now, his eyes fixed on Taehyung who was admiring the babies, a soft smile erupting on Jungkook's lips though eyes were in a deep mourn.

Jungkook took steps towards him and sat beside him, hands reaching to wipe Taehyung's tears who smiled through his tears.

"Look at them… just too vulnerable for this world." Taehyung whispered and Jungkook looked down at the kids.

Jungkook was melted by their innocence and couldn't help but carry one of the kids.

"It's amazing how they survived, they meant to live a better life." Jungkook whispered.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook with shiny eyes, shifting closer and leaning his head on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Kookie… will it be too much to ask?"

Jungkook looked down at Taehyung's face, his doe eyes filled with pleas.

"Can we keep them?" Taehyung asked in a whisper and Jungkook's face softened, in answer of which he left a chaste kiss against his lips.

"They are ours."

It was enough to lighten up Taehyung's face with joy. He swore he would take care of the kids like their own which the couple did too.

Mr. Jung smiled as he saw them through the window, murmuring blessings to them constantly as he saw the new happy family.

Their life was completely changed by the presence of two kids that eventually became their everything.

Flashback ended.

The lady with her husband and brother who was with her wife closed their eyes, offering the flowers and leaving silent tears.

Their guardians had died together on their anniversary last year and they were there on their anniversary to offer them flowers.

The twins were in mourning of losing their parents which they did twice in their lives but for them Taehyung and Jungkook were more than their real parents who made them able to grow mature and be responsible in life.

They were raised with the same love and generosity that they promised their late parents to deliver to the world.

The orphanage was run by the twins that were spreading their guardians' generosity and the late couple smiled at them from above, being proud of them as always.

────•✰•────

I wrote this book in quarantine and I lost counts of the times I cried while writing this.

I don't know how and from where I felt literally so depressive during that period that became the reason for this book to be full of emotions.

When I look back at it, it makes me feel better and relieved. This book is like my own child to me and I personally love it the most.

Thanks for your appreciation on the comment section of this book.

Keep your comments reaching me.