1

Louis Tomlinson
"Just me, myself and I."
———

"How's your search for an Alpha going?"

I looked up from my phone and rolled my eyes at Niall, shutting my phone off as I set it on the couch between us.

I sighed and looked at the bottled blonde next to me, "I don't need an Alpha, Niall. Just because you have one doesn't mean I need one too."

By the raise of his eyebrows I could see that he didn't believe me, he tossed his phone on the couch opposite of us and turned his body until he was facing me. "Look me in the eyes and tell me that you honest to God, have no want or need for a caring Alpha."

I brought my legs up to the couch, crossing them underneath them as I also turned towards Niall, facing him head on so he knows I'm serious.

"Niall," I started, making sure to look right into his bright blue eyes, "I do-"

"Oh, not looking in my eyes," He quipped, turning his head so he's not the one looking at me, "Guess that means you actually want one!"

"I do not- God damn it Niall," I murmur, trying to follow his eyes with mine as his bounced along the room. "Look at me!"

Once he finally stopped the charade and looked into my eyes I took a breath of relief, "I do not want an Alpha. I don't need one."

"Fine, I guess you don't want one." He finally backed down, raising his hands in defeat. "I don't know why you're so apprehensive to the idea of it though."

Now this caused me to grab the television remote and turn down the show, let it play more in the background. I even stood up off the couch to run to the kitchen, getting Niall to follow me with a confused look etched across his face.

"Not gonna answer my question then?"

"Oh I am, just thought we should get some drinks first, hot chocolate?" I asked over my shoulder, reaching my arms up to the top of the mug cabinet. Once I received an enthusiastic nod I continued with the process of making hot cocoa.

I heated up the milk on the stove, and once it was warm enough I poured it into two mugs and topped them off with some whipped cream. As soon as I handed it to Niall we made our way back to the living room, getting comfortable on the couch with a fuzzy blanket thrown on top of both our laps.

"Okay, what's the deal with Alphas." He stated, a serious look on his face that had us giggling within moments.

"I just," I tried to get my words together, thinking of the best way to describe my want of, not having an Alpha. "The whole concept, and the history between Alphas and Omegas doesn't sit right with me." I tried to take a sip of my hot chocolate, burning the tip of my tongue from the heat, 'fuck'.

"Alphas are seen as the stronger, more dominant role in the relationship, while Omegas are viewed as the weaker, submissive, child-bearing role. People really expect the Omega to submit to an Alpha just because that's their role in life, a sexy assistant if anything. Alphas only want the small Omegas, the ones who listen to them without a blink of resistance. And don't even get me started on every Alpha's fascination with an Omega's 'innocence', none of it sits right with me."

Niall sits there patiently, listening with wide eyes as a whip cream mustache, he nods along as I speak, encouraging me to go on, "Have you ever noticed the wage gap? They pay Alphas almost a dollar more an hour than they would an Omega. For the same fucking job! This world has some sort of fucked up image that make Omegas out to be weak, desperate, borderline child-like," I stop when Niall raises his eyebrows in confusion, deciding to explain it more.