Chapter 6 - Kai's regrets

Kai was feeling restless, so he decided to take a walk. As he strolled along, he spotted a familiar figure in the distance. His heart skipped a bet - it was Okuda. He couldn't resist following her, hoping to catch a glimpse of her once more. But as he trailed behind her, he realised she was walking faster, as if sensing his presence. Kai's mind raced with thoughts as he struggled to keep up. Suddenly, Okuda vanished from sight, leaving Kai feeling lost and bewildered. He couldn't shake the feeling of sadness as he made his way home, his thoughts consumed by memories of Okuda.

Kai couldn't help but reminisce about the times they had shared. He remembered the day Okuda had cried, lost and alone. He had rushed to her, offering comfort and a shoulder to cry on. Back then, he had seen her as a little sister, but as she grew older, his feelings had changed. He found himself falling in love with her, unable to resist her charm and grace.

But then Okuda finally confessed her feelings to him, Kai knew he couldn't be with her. He had someone else he loved, and he couldn't bear to hurt Okuda any further. With a heavy heart, he turned her away, leaving her heartbroken and in tears. As Okuda retreated to her room, Kai dropped to his knees, overcome with regret and sorrow.

"I'm sorry, Manami," he whispered, tears streaming down his cheeks as he mourned the love he could never have.