Chapter 28

SIERRA COULDN'T stop her sob and her nerves from trembling after what just happened.

She wasn't born in a very peaceful environment but she never ever saw such a brutal attack from anyone.

"I'm sorry Sierra..." Cairn whispered in a low voice after picking up the camera and sitting beside her.

Silang dalawa na lang at lumabas na ang lalaking Leon ang pangalan— ang sumampal sa kanya kagabi. Binuhat ito ng ibang tauhan na kumidnap sa kanya dahil hindi na nito kinayang tumayo pa matapos itong ilang ulit na sinapak ni Cairn.

Sierra nodded. "Just don't do it again in front of me Cairn..." She whispered and took her eyes away from Cairn's bloody fists to look at his face. "Ayokong magkaroon ng bangungot," she hiccups.

Nagtagis ang bagang nito. "I know... I just lost it," he sighed. "Let's not make the video, I'll just send this what I have. It will be chaos but at least Kreston will still know you're still alive."

Nanlaki ang mata niya sa huling sinabi nito. "D-does it mean... May balak kayong patayin ako?"

"They have plan milady but I'll make sure to get you out of here alive," Cairn replied.

"Why?" Sierra asked confused. "Kasali ka sa grupo nila diba?" Tumulo ulit ang luha niya. "Diba kaya ka lumapit sa akin dahil sa koneksyon ko kay sungit."

Nang makita niya ito kagabi ay sobrang nanghina siya. Itinurung niya na itong kaibigan tapos malalaman niya kaya lang ito nakipaglapit sa kanya dahil kay Kreston. Para malaman kung sino ang pinakamahalagang tao kay sungit.

"I'm guilty about that," Cairn sighed depressingly then leaned against the sofa. "But believe me, I didn't want you to get kidnapped. I was ordered to but I wasn't planning to do it,"  he shook his head. "The order to kidnapped you was sent to three people. I, Leon and another man. And Leon was the one that got you."

"Bakit?" Mahinang tanong niya.

Cairn cussed in frustration. "I hate that Kreston never told you about his life you know," napailing ito at hinarap siya. "I can't tell you everything. But Kreston's father— his biological father— wants  him back for so many reasons. And to make him go back, his father needs someone that he can used to force Kreston to give up his family, friends, you—everything he has now—and accept the life that is prepared for him by his biological father," nagtatagis ang bagang na imporma nito.

Napaawang ang labi niya. Buhay pa pala ang totoong tatay ni sungit?

"P-paano kung hindi pumayag si Kreston?" Nag-aalalang tanong niya.

"His father ordered to kill you," Cairn looked at her sadly when she started sobbing. "Sshh... Don't cry, Kreston will not allow that—"

"How could you be so sure?" Sierra asked as she sobbed.

"He loves you."

"I don't think his love for me is strong enough to make him go back to his father—"

"C'mon milady don't question his love for you—"

"How could I not?" Pigil niya sa binata. "He doesn't want me to be the mother of his children."

Hindi ito naniniwalang tumingin sa kanya. "He told you that?"

Umiling si Sierra. "I overheard him talking to tito Nolan, his butler."

Dahil nakatingin si Sierra sa mukha ni Cairn ay nakita niya ang pagdaan ng emosyon sa mukha nito. It was longing, sadness and pain. Pero dumaan lang iyon at mabilis ding nawala at naging blanko ulit ang mukha nito.