5: Strategy is Key

"Everyone, this is Kimura Yu. He's going to be helping us today." Mr. Aizawa said, as dead inside as ever. The whole class craned their necks to see Midoriya's new foster brother. Sans Bakugou of course. 

Luckily enough Yu was also peering around to get a good look at all of them. He was shocked at how many heroes in training there were and realized there must be much more than 16 heroes even if he could only name 16 of them. 

"Hi! I'm Yu! Kimura is the name they put on all my paperwork when I got rescued." The kid cheerfully explained, more than excited to end his second week of freedom doing something 'really fun', according to Izuku. 

"Today Yu will be acting as a teaching assistant to all your teachers, including heroics." The teacher explained" Your job is to show him that heroes are trustworthy.". Bakugou was already exploding at the seams. He hated rescue missions and he hated that brat. He couldn't even control his quirk properly. By that age Bakugou was already U.A ready. 

The whole class was in on the plot but Izuku was still nervous about how this would go. They might end up hurting Yu's perception of heroes if Bakugou got too close to him and there was the possibility of Yu actually hurting someone with his quirk. Mr. Aizawa handed everyone a pair of noise cancelling headphones knowing full well from Yu's file they wouldn't do much. 

Of course there was a test run to make sure Yu was comfortable and to give the students a vague idea of what they were doing. Yu was told to just sit at the teacher's desk and start using his quirk when Mr. Aizawa said go and stop if he raised his hand. Aizawa had proper complete noise cancelling headphones he got from Mic that had an off/on switch. Yu had been the one to insist everyone wear headphones since he didn't want to hurt anyone's ears. He knew first hand how hard it was not being able to hear everything. 

Class 1-A, with the exceptions of Izuku and Bakugou, were cocky about the day. Quirk use or not, he was just an 8 year old who would be impressed by someone eventually. Mr. Aizawa watched as the teens expressions became determined with a small smirk said start. 

On cue Yu started using his quirk and soon everyone was frozen. Many tried to put their hands over their ears to make it stop but soon found they couldn't. When the eyes of the class were significantly full of confusion and fear, Mr. Aizawa raised his hand and Yu covered his mouth. 

"Kimura Yu, quirk: Banshee. You should be glad he insisted on the headphones, I was willing to let you go in blind and come out deaf." The teacher smirked. This was another one of his logical ruses. "So," The teacher said as he walked over to the blackboard and began writing "Lets stay quiet during this period, shall we?". 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

The object of the mission didn't rely solely on the kids. Pro heroes would be spending their class with Yu as a helper, they needed to make an impression too. Aizawa hadn't had problems with Yu. He had passed out the pop quiz and helped mark people's answers. It had been very amusing to see such terrible scores get marked by an 8 year old with a pink glittery pen. 

Second period he had decided to nap and just let Yu do what he wanted. He told the kid not to use his quirk while he was sleeping but basically do anything else. Naturally Yu took this opportunity to talk about the sun. 

Running over to the blackboard he drew a big circle with lines coming out of it. "This is the sun." He said with a very serious face "Its in the sky but only during the day and I didn't know it existed till my big brother saved me." He said, bouncing excitedly "And you're not supposed to look at it. Izuku said he has a senior names Sun Eater and I wanna meet him and paralyze him so he can't eat the sun cause I love it too much.".

This was somehow more confusing than that one time Vlad King subbed for Present Mic in English. Surprisingly Todoroki politely raised his hand. Yu nodded and pointed to him. "Do you like all bright things or just the sun?" He asked with a straight face. Half the class burst out laughing and Yu giggled.