[4]

a/n this is my version of vampires or what i interpret so pls don't be mad at me :< ALSO longer chapter :,)

//Clay POV//

After the school day ends, he calls George. He waited until after school was done because, all though Clay didn't go, George still did.

His heart beats a million miles an hour as the phone rings. It feels odd, unfamiliar. But he has to do this.

George picks up and his heart skips a beat. "Dream? What's up?"

"Can you meet me?"

Clay waits, sitting on top of his car, in the forest preserve. No one ever comes here in the winter. If George comes with no jacket, he's definitely a vampire for sure. Vampires like the winter, they like the cold. Even in the summertime, if you touched their skin, it would be ice cold.

He sits on the hood of his car. He taps his fingers, thinking about George. The pain is easier to handle, knowing he would be here soon.

Soon enough, a car rolls up, and slows down when it gets close enough.

George, wearing no coat, slowly gets out of the car. The pull is strong inside of him.

"George," Clay says, hopping off the car.

George raises an eyebrow at him.

They walk towards each other until they are face to face. The height difference is only little. They stare into each other's eyes.

Clay feels the tugging in his chest. The need, the want, screaming at him, wanting to get out.

"I know vampires are dead but..." Clay starts.

George flushes and looks away from Clay's eyes. He goes even more pale than he was before.

"You are a vampire, yes?" Clay finishes.

George looks back into Clay's eyes and stares. Angrily, fiercely.

"You can't cast a spell on me," Clay says.

George gasps a little, barely audible, but doesn't look away from Clay. The nervousness in his eyes, hidden by fake looks of toughness. Clay knows George is strong. But it wouldn't hurt for him to let his guard down.

Instead, Clay lets down his.

"Who said I wasn't one of you?"

George chokes, this time very audibly.

"What?" George whispers softly.

Clay leans into George's side and whispers into his ear, "I'm a vampire, George." His voice is low and raspy.

George inhales, fixing his posture. His neck is straight and he doesn't move. He just eyes Clay. They pause for a moment, just like that. Close, breathing.

"Is that why I'm drawn to you?" George says, looking down now.

Clay moves his face to turn to look at George, who is tinted a bright pink.

"Is that why?" Clay says, forcefully, a little angry. George caused him this? He is the reason he feels this pain?  "You rid this upon me?"

But even so, through all the hurt he's been through, he can't help but accept it with open arms. He can't help but welcome the feeling. Because, the feeling he has experienced, when it wasn't painful, was beautiful. It bloomed within him, planting its roots — for good. Clay backs his face away as he makes the realization.