01

Liv Turner

I stumble over pressing a hand to my forehead. Fuck it feels like someone just shocked my brain.

"Liv are you okay?"

I open my eyes and look to Riot rushing over to hold me up. "Yeah, i'm okay. Just got a sharp pain in my head out of nowhere." I sit down on the edge of the bed trying to get my bearings back.

"Are you sure you want to go tonight? I can call and tell them you aren't feeling well."

"No, no it's okay. I'll be fine. It's just a little headache it will go away." I smile up to Ri. "I know how much you were looking forward to tonight, I don't want to ruin it." As much as my head was killing me right now I didn't want to let Ri down. We haven't had a night out in weeks, and I know how much she was looking forward to this double date. Besides things between James and I have been rough lately, we could use a night out.

She frowns down at me, "Liv if you're not feeling good you don't have to go."

I stand up and give her a small smile. "M'fine Ri, once I get some alcohol in me I won't even remember that I wasn't feeling well." That wasn't a total lie, alcohol does make most things better. And if i'm going to make it through tonight i'm going to need lots of it.

***

We arrived at the club. Riot made me wear a skin tight black dress, with thin straps, that came about mid thigh. She tried to get me into heals but I was already out of my comfort zone, so I stuck to my baby blue vans. I didn't want to be stumbling all over the place tonight anyway.

We entered the club and went to find Riots boyfriend Daniel, and James. Daniel was a great guy. He was tall, and very lanky. He had bleach blond hair that was a bit curly and littered in tattoos. James on the other hand had no tattoos. He was pretty against them. He didn't like Daniel very much. Always told me he was a bad influence on me but he tolerated him because he was Ri's boyfriend.

We reached the couch area where they were sitting. Daniel got up to greet me than went to Ri. I go over to give James a hug but he doesn't get up off the couch. "Hey baby," I sit next to him.

He looks at me and wraps his arm around my shoulders, "hi." That's all really, no hey Liv, haven't seen you yet today, how was your day?

I push aside my anger and smile. I lean into him, "how was your day babe?"

"It was alright, tough day, just want to go home already really." he says, looking back over to observing something in the crowd.

I frown and follow his gaze to see what has him so distracted. I see a girl in a slutty red dress, dancing and running her hands over herself. I instantly started to feel insecure. I shrink back into the corner of the the couch and try to put a smile on my face.

"Why don't you guys go get Liv and me some drinks?" Riot asks the boys.

"Sure babe," he looks between us. "Usual?"

"Yeah that's good with me." I swallow the lump in my throat and smile. James gets up and starts to walk away with Daniel.

Ri turns to me. "Is everything okay... with you and James?"

I smile, "of course, why would it not be?" I question but I know she knows i'm lying. "Something just seemed off and you looked upset." She puts a hand on my knee. "You know you can talk to me about anything babe, i'll be here for you."