Street Dogs Pt.1

Y/n: Reggie please dont just leave me here with them
Reggie: Y/n I'll be back you have to trust me, I still don't understand why you won't just sing with us
Y/n: Reggie I'm not good enough to sing with you guys-
Reggie: Your a great singer and amazing at bass. Not as good as me though
               Reggie says while shoving me
Y/n: Maybe-
Reggie: -We want you in the band please, it's not to late, just consider it.
Y/n: I don't know Reg...
Reggie: ...Tell you what, when I get back from the Orpheum tonight meet us at the studio and tell me your answer. Plus you'll be out of the house...and away from mom and dad for a while.
Y/n: Ok fine no promises
     I say while chuckling
Reggie: Ok I'll see you later little sis
Y/n: See ya later Reggie
With one final hug Reggie and I say our goodbyes. Little did I know it would be the last time I saw him for a long time...

                            ~Reggies Pov~

         "But live it like it's now or never!!
                        It's now or never!!"

As a girl started applauding "Thank you we are Sunset Curve!!" I yelled into the mic "To bad we wasted the tightest we've played on sound check!" Bobby said as we started walking towards the girl "Oh wait until tonight guys, this entire place is gonna be packed with record producers!"

Alright I think before the show we should fuel up, my vote goes to street dogs" Luke said raising his hand while everyone nodded except for Bobby.

                   "Hey Bobby you in??"

"I'm good, vegetarian, I would never hurt an animal" Bobby said making eye contact with the girl

     "Ya right" Alex said in a sarcastic tone

"You guys are great!" The woman said to us. "Thank you" said Luke. "I've seen plenty of bands, even been in a couple myself. I was really feeling it!"

"Hey guys I'll be right back Y/n's calling" I said before walking away and picking up the phone.

     (I know this doesn't line up much but let's pretend they had a DECENT phone for calls)

"Hey N/n what's up??"
"Hey uh Reg mom and dads fighting is getting bad again I don't know what to do"
     *I heard yelling in the background again*
"Ok Y/n just go to the studio now I'll be there in a little bit I gotta go. Oh, do want me to bring you a street dog when I get home?"
No that's ok thank you, also I've decided I wanna be apart of Sunset Curve"
"That's great I'll let the guys know!! Adiosss"
"Byee!!"

"Guys Y/n said she'll be in band!!" All the guys started cheering. I'm glad they except my sister it makes it so much easier to get her away from my parents and their fighting.

"Earth to Reggie" Luke said while waving his hand in front of my face
"Sorry, what's up"
"We're gonna go get the street dogs!"
"Oh ya let's go!"

"Hey sorry I got some pickle juice on the battery cables" Alex said pointing back to the trunk of the car "oh it's ok it'll help with the rust" the man said joking with us

"We're playing the Orpheum" Luke said with the biggest smile on his face "I can't even count how many bands have gotten huge after playing here" "I don't think you can count" I said while chuckling "We're gonna be legends. Eat up boys cause tonight everything changes." Luke exclaimed while holding up his street dog.

"That's a new flavor" Alex said sounding a little worried.

"Chill man the street dogs haven't killed us
yet!!" I said confidently.

   (We all know what happens)

Time skip 2 years later your now 17 same age as when Reggie passed

Our parents have gotten worse. Ever since I told my parents I didn't want to go to college for gymnastics and wanted to pursue my music they've acted different. I feel like I remind them to much of Reggie and the band but that's why I want to do this.

"Mom I already told you I want to pursue music!!"
"Y/n stop being ridiculous you have a scholarship to DU your dream school you can be on the team!"
"Mom it's your dream school not mine...it never was"

Don't get me wrong I love gymnastics it's been my sport pretty much my whole life and DU is such a great school I was lucky enough to be given a scholarship but...it's just not me anymore. Yes I'm good at it but it just feels so much more forced ever since what happened with Reggie. Music is my passion, it reminds me of Reggie, I've always loved it because of him I just need to convince my parents.

(No I'm not saying losing a child is easy lmao)

That's when I ran. I didn't know where I was going I just needed to get out of the house for a while. I started to cry and my vision got blurry but before I could pull over I had passed an intersection and was hit, everything went black. Last thing I heard was the glass of my car shattering all around me.

A/n- If you have any suggestions please let me know by either messaging me or just in the comments hope you enjoyed!!
                   -Ella/Author