Chapter 3: The Return

A/N: Hey there readers! Are you enjoying the story so far? Here's a tip, Equestria's time comparing to Earth's different, so a year in Equestria equals ten years on Earth. So brace yourselves. Spike was trained by Genji for ten years before returning to Equestria using the portal created by Winston. 

___________________________________________________________________________

EQUESTRIA, CANTERLOT

(A Year Later)

A lot of events went by in this year, Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer's reformation, Storm King's invasion, and the opening of School of Friendship. Twilight is now the Princess of Equestria, however, she wasn't as all happy about this. Only if Spike could see this as well... 

Tears rolled down her cheeks as the memories rushed into her head, Spike's horrible death, the pain... She tried hard to resist the urge of braking down.

"Princess?" A voice asked, Twilight looked up, seeing the worried face of her student, Luster Dawn, "Is everything alright?"

"I... I'm fine, thanks Luster." Twilight forced a smile at her student, Luster raised an eyebrow, Twilight's smiled faded, replaced with a broken look.

"Is it about Spike?" Luster asked carefully. Her mentor quietly nodded.

While Twilight and Luster are talking and chatting, unknown by them, they were being watched from the dark corner of the ceiling above by a shadowy figure, its two glowing red eyes stared at the Princess and her student. A minute later, the red eyes looked down, then disappeared into the shadow.

Twilight suddenly froze, she sensed something that haven't been sensed for too long. Luster saw the expression on her mentor's face.

"Princess? Is..." Her words faded as she too, looked to the direction where Twilight is looking at, and her heart raced, she was terrified.

At the corner of the ceiling, she swore she saw some creature watching them, with a pair of red glowing eyes.

It cannot be... Twilight shook off the thought as she stood tall and faced the creature, "SHOW YOURSELF THIS INSTANT!" she shouted in her Royal Canterlot voice. The red eyes stared at her, then the rest of the body began to glow with strange red dots, then it hopped down from teh ceiling in front of Twilight without a single sound. Twilight was taken back and surprised by the graceful landing and the fact that it's soundless.

"Who are you?" Twilight asked carefully at the strange creature, when she looked closely, her eyes widened in shock. This creature is half-robotic, his entire bodies covered in a strange-looking suit she'd never seen before. (Looked kinda like Genji's) 

The creature did not answer her. Twilight's shock is replaced by anger, this creature is disrespecting her in front of her student. Her horn charged with magic as she snarled at the creature, "Whoever you are, you better get off, o else-"

"Or else what, Princess?"The creature snarked, his voice sounded familiar, while it mixed with robotic voice. (Sounds like Genji's voice) "Why are you upset? Is it because of Spike? You blame yourself, for his death."

Twilight's eyes turned to rage, "YOU DON'T DESERVE TO SAY HIS NAME!" Then she charged her magic, this magic, however, is unique, it was bonded with her by Celestia with Spike. Her eyes glowed as she spoke the enchanted words. Then fired the spell, a purple energy beam with a Alicorn Spirit formed in the beam as it charged at the creature.

"Seresutiaruu~ittinmī! Watashi no teki o hakai seyo!" (Yes, it is made up by myself, meaning: Celestial WIthin Me! Destroy My Enemy!)

The creature did not flinch of show any fear, instead, he grabbed the Katana behind his back and pulled it out while shouting words that SHOCKED Twilight.

"Watashi no naka no doragon no tasogare! Teki o totsugeki seyo!" (Meaning: twilight of dragon within me! Charge my enemy!)

The energy beam shot from the katana formed a raging dragon spirit as it charged at the Alicorn Spirit, it destroyed the Alicorn spirit completely as it charged towards Twilight. The Princess's eyes widened in shock, surprise, and horror. But before the rating dragon spirit could Destry her as well, the mysterious figure suddenly seized his attack, the spirit disappeared.

Twilight's eyes were still in shock, as her friends and students stormed into teh castle, must've heard the noises coming from it earlier.

"Twilight! WHo's this dude?!" Rainbow Dash snarled, "YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE-" Sh was cut off by a ninja star flying straight at her, it changed course and sliced off few of her manes before returning to the creature's right claw, it suddenly disappeared into the robotic claw. The rest of them show in fear at the deadly creature, but it showed no sign of killing any of them.

"Only Spike, could use that Dragon spirit, bonded by Celestia... Who are you..." Twilight was loss for words, she managed to mutter out those above.

The creature suddenly disappeared in a blur of red flash that even outran Rainbow Dash, Twilight barely have time to react before a blade was set in front of her neck, barely cutting her. The creature was right next to her, he DASHED. Nopony/creature moved as Twilight was been held hostage.

"Do it then, KILL me." Twilight said with her eyes closed, she'd be doing Spike anyway. But to her surprise, the assassin creature set off his blade, and placed the blade into the holster hanging behind his thigh.

"No, I will not grant you the death you wished fort, you have your friends, students, and... Your son." The creature said. The last two words made Twilight's eyes shot open as she quickly got up and stared at the creature.

"No! My son... Is dead..." she said.

The creature looked at her, then placed his claws behind his mask, a light click was heard as the mask was unlocked, hisses of air shooting out from the breathing vines of the mask, Twilight and the others' eyes winded more, as the creature unmasked himself. 

The others gasped as twilight's eyes widened in shock as she covered her muzzle with her hooves. The assassin, his face, has a scar ran across his left eye, right eye was blind, replaced by a robotic red eye. And his right cheek has a burned mark on it. His only natural eye, was emerald. 

He smiled, "Hello mother."

"S...Spike..." Twilight muttered, "Is it..."

"Yes, mom, I'm back." Spike answered, but his smile froze as Twilight gave him a raging glare, he was tackled onto the ground with Twilight on him.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Twilight shouted with hr royal canterlot voice, "YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD BUCKING EXPLANATION OR ELSE!" Then her angry looked faded as tears rolled down, she broke down as she sobbed in Spike's arms.

"Twilight, you're filled with sorrow and pain, you blamed yourself fro my death didn't you?" Spike asked quietly, Twilight's eyes widened more.

"How-"

"Uncle Hanzo taught me to read their mind with emotion."

Twilight looked at him, confused, "Uncle who?"

Spike smiled, then said out loud, "Alright! No need to hide no more." Then, a portal was opened, revealed many bipedal creatures.

The ponies and creatures' eyes widened as Spike stood up.

"Twilight, meet my caretakers, and... My family."

A/N: WHOO! Twi's meeting Overwatch!