Chapter 1

I could hear my mother and aunt Cissy arguing in the hallway, "Y/N has to go to Hogwarts Bella, she's not learning enough! You've taught her everything you know, and we both know her going to Hogwarts would be good for her." Aunt Cissy said in a hushed voice.

"How would she be treated? The Longbottoms child goes there for god sakes! She would be feared." my mother said.

With more passion, her Aunty said "Of course she would be feared! That's another reason she needs to go! Not only could she learn, but she can gain their trust to get closer to Harry Potter for the Dark Lord."

"We'll see Cissy" my mother's voice cracked.

I could hear aunt Cissy walk away, and a couple of minutes later I could hear mother stumble to her bedroom.

Suddenly I could feel the heat of the sun shining on my face and the sound of someone scrubbing the floors outside of my bedroom.

I shifted around in my bed until I realized there was no hope of falling back asleep. I stood up and pulled back my thick curly hair into a messy bun, I struggled to put on a Slytherin t-shirt that I stole from my cousin Draco, even though I have no clue what Slytherin is I still like the snake on the front of it.

I looked at my collection of pants and put on a pair of black, ripped, mom jeans. I pushed open my bedroom door and realized who was outside scrubbing, it was Dobby.

"Good morning master! There's an owl downstairs waiting for you." Dobby said excitedly.

"Good morning Dobby. Haven't I told you to stop calling me master? Just call me by my name." I said with a yawn.

Dobby's voice happily heightened and he said "Anything for you Ms, Y/N."

My family treated Dobby like a servant, but I always saw him as a friend. I wasn't the only one Draco would never admit it but he loved Dobby just as much as I do.

I walked down the stone stairs to the kitchen where Agatha, the family screech owl was pecking at the window. I opened the window and let the owl drop the letter into my hands, Agatha flew over to a dark wooden perch and screeched to let everyone in the Manor know she had arrived. I observed that it was for a Ms, Y/N Lestrange. The purple seal had a lion, eagle, badger, and snake surrounding a large letter H. I remember when this exact letter was delivered to Draco 4 years ago. Aunt Cissy and Lucius were proud, and my mother was satisfied that I did not get one.

I started to pull back the wax seal but heard her mother's familiar footsteps.

"Good morning darling!" Mother happily yelled.

"Hello, mother! Guess what? I've got a letter!"

My mother rushed down and snatched the letter right out of my hands.

"Cissy, Come down here!" Mother yelled with a visible switch in her mood.

Aunt Cissy came down the stairs clearly startled and tired.

"The old bat Dumbledore never misses does he?" Mother screeched.

Aunt Cissy grabbed the letter and after slowly observing it, she nodded her head in agreement. Cissy whispered into her mother's ear, "what if -- we should-- - send --to- hog-arts--"

I didn't hear exactly what aunty said but I could hear bits and pieces of her whisper.

Mother rolled her eyes at her aunt Cissy and with a defeated tone said, "Here darling, open the letter."

I pulled up the wax seal and pulled out the piece of parchment and read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Dear Ms. Lestrange,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Classes have already begun but you are allowed to come late. We await your owl by no later than September 7th. On November 8th go to Platform 9¾ of London's King's Cross Station, at 11 a.m sharp to catch the Hogwarts express.

Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall.