chapter 7 A lizard and a Ladder

After some wiggling and grunting, both Shawn and Arrietty decided to rest from trying to get out of the now small and cramped house. "Honestly how did we not see this coming?" Arrietty said unamused.

     Just then, they heard whistling from outside. They both looked through the window in front, side by side. And saw the white rabbit looking horrified.
"Oh dear, a two headed monster!" He yelled "Help!" And off he went to the forest.

   "Wait!" They both called. But the rabbit was gone. "Great now what do we do?" Shawn said. "Don't know." Arrietty replied. "But I for one am not heartless enough to wreck this poor bunny's home anymore than it is."

   Then they heard something outside. They looked out and saw the rabbit being accompanied with, "Oh no not him!" Arrietty complained. Shawn looked out and saw the rabbit with the Dodo bird. "Well this ought to be interesting."

    The dodo bird looked up amazed at the house with the two giant and crammed in. "You see, a monster with two heads!" Exclaimed the rabbit. The dodo bird grabbed some specs without lenses. "I say what a ferocious creature!"

   Shawn and Arrietty were not amused. "Not to worry at all old chum." He said tapping Arrietty's shoe. "I know exactly how to get rid of this beast." The two looked relieved. "Thank goodness." Said Arrietty. "Our problems are over."

    The dodo lit his pipe. "Now what we need is.." he looked around and then saw a funny looking lizard holding a ladder on his back. "Ah yes, a lizard with a ladder!" The lizard tipped his hat to him and the rabbit.

   "Oh phil thank you for coming!" The rabbit said running up to him. "We need a lazerd with a lidder...no a ladder with a...!" He jumbled his words. "Can you help us!?" He finally asked.

    Phil lifted up his hat again. "Not to worry ol' bud." He spoke in an Australian accent. "Just tell me what is needed and I'm onto it."

  "Exactly!" The dodo then took him by the back. "Now tell me phil have you been down any chimneys before?" "Why certainly, there's no chimney I don't now to climb into!" Phil said confidently.

   Shawn and Arrietty rolled their eyes, but still paid attention hoping to know where this will go with that dodo bird again. "Good that's just fantastic." He said.

    The dodo set up the ladder. "Now all you have to do is go down that chimney and pull the monster out." He said so smartly.

   But The two looked dumbfounded. "Are you kidding me?!" Arrietty exclaimed. "We're to big to fit through the chimney, otherwise we would've gotten out sooner!" Said Shawn looking at the chimney by his side.

   "Don't you worry, mate." Said phil as he descended up the ladder. "I'll have this two headed monster out in no time!" But the he stopped when he got to the window with their eyes looking at him.

   "Two headed monster?!" Phil said realizing what he was dealing with. And then ran down the ladder screaming in fear. "Wait!" They both called. "We're not monsters!"

   The lizard ignored them and ran but was stopped by the white rabbit and dodo grabbing his tail and turning him to the direction of the ladder. Until he found out he was up again and ran down in fear.

   The dodo stopped him. "Now now, old bean!" He said carrying the scared lizard. "This is most unbecoming for an important someone." He then decended up the ladder. "You're bringging shame for a big opportunity." "I am?" Asked phil.

    "Why yes, you could be famous!" He said "I can!?" Phil exclaimed as they passed the window where Shawn and Arrietty's eyes rolled once more. "Give me a break." Shawn said.

   "Indeed old chum. Now go in there and do what you do!" Said the dodo placing phil on the chimney. "But but sir!" He said but was cut off. "Good luck, phil!" Dodo shook his hand before shoving him down the tube.

   "This is the most ridiculous thing ever since coming here." Said Arrietty. But now sooner did she say that than ash from the chimney flew around Shawn's head.

   "Uh oh!" He said blowing it into Arrietty's face. "T-try to -h-h-hold it!" Arrietty said trying to hold back. But try as they might the ashes surrounding them were to much before.

   "AAAAAACCCCHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" They both sneezed at the same time which blew Phil out of the chimney so hard he shot out and went for the sky. The rabbit and the dodo looked up. "Well, there goes Phil." The dodo said smoking his pipe.
"Shawn and Arrietty looked up.

"Poor Phil."