Chapter 1 What Made Boring Exciting

It was a sunny afternoon. But it felt so lazy and balmy. And Arrietty, a little borrower girl had nothing to do but pick the petals out of a giant flower. "This is stupid!" She grumbled "when it's a hot day like this, it means I sleep during the day!" And then she threw the barren stem away in the flower beds. "It's not like Mother Nature decided that today should be lazy." Said her human friend Shawn. "You can say that again." Said Arrietty solemnly. "But what should we do?" She asked Shawn. Shawn looked down at her with a bored expression. "Maybe we should let time fly and take a nap." Arrietty furrowed her eyebrows. "Good idea" she said sarcastically. "But seriously, what should we do?" "I was serious" he said with a bummed expression. "Well..... Ok then, but let's go to the shady side." She said starting to get drowsy.

     So with her in his hand, Arrietty and Shawn went to the tree's shadow. Then getting comfortable, they closed their eyes and fell into a deep deep sleep. Shawn had his back lying on the trunk of the cherry blossom tree while Arrietty slept on his chest. A hand covering her even though it was warm enough. Then they were interrupted by a voice. "Shawn, Arrietty, I have a book I think you'd both like!" It was Seane, Shawn's twin sister. "It's not like 'rainbow pony and cupcake land' is it?" Arrietty said crossing here arms. She really couldn't stand that little babies book. "No, it's 'Alice In Wonderland!" Seane exclaimed. Both Arrietty and Shawn sighed and looked at the book. "Alright, this ought to be good." Shawn said as he took the book and placed it on his knees. "I'm sure you'll love it!" Said Seane winking and with that she skipped off. "Well that was weird." Said Arrietty. "She's my sister of course she's weird." Said Shawn. They both shrugged and opened the book to read. But within a matter of seconds, they fell asleep.

      It wasn't until a few minutes that they both woke up as if all they did was blink their eyes. Shawn sat up holding onto Arrietty and set the book aside. He looked down at her and she looked up at him with a questionable look on her face. "That's weird, I could've sworn I was about to fall asleep." She said. "I know what you mean. I feel so awake right now." Said Shawn. Then, they saw a flash of white flicker by the bushes. "Oh I'm late I'm late I'm late as heck!" A voice said. When it came out of the bushes, they saw it was a white rabbit in a black vest holding a golden pocket watch. The two looked bewildered at the sight. "Oh I'm so late!" He said in a British accent. "Hey wait, what are you late for?!" Called Arrietty. "I haven't time to tell you, I'm terribly late!" Said the rabbit and it ran so fast in a hurry. "Finally, this day just got interesting." Said Shawn "should we fallow it?" "Yes!" Said Arrietty.

          So, Shawn was running after the rabbit with Arrietty on his shoulder. "Wait, you can't just pop out of nowhere looking weird and pretend nothing happened!" She yelled to the rabbit. But that didn't make him slow down. He only kept running and running. And if it weren't for that operation, Shawn would have surely fainted. So, they ran and ran until the rabbit went into a hole that went underground.