Hate

The next day

Olivia's POV

Waking up in my old bed, in my childhood bedroom, felt strange. It almost feels foreign.

Looking to the spot beside me, I noticed that Noah wasn't in bed.
"Noah?" I called out. Getting no answer, I got up and left my room in search of my son. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I could hear music and laughter coming from the kitchen.

When I got to the kitchen, I could see my mother and sister putting on a show for Noah, using spatulas as microphones, making Noah laugh. They were making pancakes while singing to Celia Cruz's 'La Negra Tiene Tumbao'. Mamí was of course the lead singer, seeing as she's also named Celia.

"Say Azucar, niño!" Mamí exclaimed.

"Azucar!" Noah said.

"Louder!"

"¡Azucar!" he yelled, laughing afterwards. I just stood in the doorway watching their interaction. Noah turned and spotted me, immediately jumping off the barstool, running into my arms.

"Good morning, mommy! You slept late!"

"Good morning, sweet boy!" I say, kissing his forehead. "How'd you sleep."

"I slept really good, mommy. Abuelita, Tía Teresa and I are making chocolate chip pancakes!" Noah said, excitedly.

"I can see that. It smells really good." I let go of him, turning to the other two in the kitchen. "Buenos dias." I smiled, faintly.

"Buenos dias, Lupe," both women said simultaneously. "How was your first night back home?" Teresa asked.

"It was good. A bit strange, but good."

"Good." mamá said. "Breakfast is almost ready. We made this little niño some American style pancakes. Would you like some?"

"I would love some!"

"Great! Take a seat then." I then seated myself next to Noah.

After taking the first bite of my pancake, I couldn't help but moan at how good it tasted.

"This is so delicious! I have forgotten how good of a cook you are, mamá!", I said.

"It's all coming back to you now, ain't it?" Mamá asked.

"It sure is." just then the front door opened.

"¡Holá abuelita! ¡Tía Teresa!" a voice called out. It was Miguel's voice. "Abuelita, something smells..." he trailed off when he locked eyes with me. "What are you doing here?" he asked, disdain evident in his voice.

"Hi, Miguel." I greeted. He ignored me and turned to is abuela.

" ¿Qué está haciendo aquí, Abuelita? (What is she doing here, grandma?)" he asked.

Nobody's POV

"Miguel," Celia said sternly. "¡No te crié así! ¡Ten algunos modales y saluda a tu madre! (I did not raise you like that! Have some manners and greet your mother!)" she scolded.

"¡Exactamente! YOU raised me! Not her! She gave up the title of being my mother the day she left 28 years ago! You and Tía Teresa are my mothers! Not her!" he turned back to Liv." You can go to hell!" he seethed to her. Without thinking, Liv slapped him hard across the face, shocking herself. Miguel held his cheek.
"I wish you really was dead instead!"

"¡Miguel!" both Celia and Teresa said at the same time. He said nothing, he just stormed out of the house, leaving Liv with tears streaming down her face. Noah, seeing the whole scene unfold, also had tears streaming down his rosy cheeks. He went over to his mother.

"It's okay, mommy. Don't cry. I still want you to be alive for me." he wiped his mother's tears. "Please don't cry mommy." he said, hugging her.

"Momma's okay, sweet boy. Don't you cry." she comforted him. "Thank you for trying to make me feel better."

"Why does Miguel hate you?" Noah asked.

"I'm sure he doesn't hate, he just doesn't like me at the moment. Just give him some time."

"But he wished you were dead. Why?"

"I'll explain when you're a little bit older."

A/N: This was just to let y'all know that a bitch did not forget! Stay tuned!