in which hoseok-hyung is a mastermind // dahmin & taetzu

idols au | fluff
———

"what are you guys fighting about this time?" jimin asks after watching taehyung throw his phone to the other side of the couch in exasperation.

"she got mad that i used 'freedom14' for my game with army," tae replied before burying his head into the throw pillow.

jimin chuckles at this.

"no wonder she got mad. it's so obvious. you might as well have used 'chou tzuyu'."

as jimin tries not to laugh at his best friend's predicament, he gets a pillow thrown at his face.

"stop talking about being obvious as if there aren't dozens of compilations on youtube of you trying to expose taetzu. what's wrong with giving a few hints every now and then, anyways?" taehyung says, acting like a kid throwing a tantrum. "you have to help me. please."

———

dahyun's concentration on the novel she was reading was broken when she heard a whimper from behind her. she turned around to see tzuyu staring frustratedly at her phone.

"don't tell me you guys broke up again?" dahyun asks her.

tzuyu just looks at her with a pout on her face.

"he's making our relationship so obvious, unnie. it's as if he hasn't realized by now that shippers are like fbi agents," tzuyu explains.

"come on, it's not that bad. i think it's cute that taehyung-oppa gives out hints about your relationship," dahyun says in an attempt to make the maknae feel better.

she didn't want to get this small argument get out of hand and do damage control again like the last three times the couple broke up.

"please. it's only a matter of time before dispatch and the other news outlets get on our trail. it's a miracle they haven't yet with the many hints that tae is giving away," tzuyu says as she lets herself fall on the couch (any other person would 'plop' themselves on the couch but tzuyu is too elegant for that).

as if on cue, her phone vibrates. it's a text from jimin.

jm: so... the kids are fighting again...

dh: tell me again why we have to do damage control every time?

jm: well, it's our fault they got together. i kinda have this weird sense of responsibility when it comes to their relationship.

dh: oh and taehyung-oppa is your soulmate. you're practically required to help him.

jm: yeah, there's that.
jm: so are you with tzuyu-ssi now? tete needs help bringing her to this cafe. he wants to apologize with a surprise date.

dh: taehyung-oppa should be thankful i love tzuyu too much to see her sulk.
dh: send me the details. i'll get her there.

dahyun sets down her phone and sighs heavily.

"tzuyu, do you want to go out? let's go get dinner at this new cafe i've been hearing about."

"really, dahyun-unnie? you want to go out?" tzuyu asks her. surprisingly, tzuyu didn't sound too sulky this time—as if she didn't sound like she was holding back tears only minutes ago.

dahyun didn't consider how out of character a request to dine out was, especially coming from a homebody like herself.

"yeah. i've heard good things about their chocolate cake," she replies, hoping tzuyu wouldn't see through her.