in which jyp is a pain in the ass // jinayeon & dahmin

idols au // fluff // warning: jyp slander (because i hate the guy)

based on 11/21/2019
———

"you know, watching you scream at jyp-pd for a program on national tv almost made all the hassle we had to go through just so we can promote his comeback worth it," nayeon says as she massages her head.

dahyun just grins at her mischievously. she wouldn't waste the opportunity to scream at their annoying, inconsiderate boss for being dumb. it was a plus that the whole thing seemed to be good comedy material for the show.

they were currently in an suv en route to the airport and were going to head back to japan after being forced to fly to seoul to shoot their knowing bros schedule with jyp.

clearly, the old man needed them both to boost his appearance on the show and didn't mind the fact that the girls were supposed to be in japan during the shooting schedule before booking them for the episode.

nayeon was nursing a migraine and was visibly exhausted, so it didn't help that they were met with numerous camera flashes and a large crowd when they reached the airport.

———

with great effort to get through the crowd and check-in for their flight, the pair finally managed to board the plane and settle into their seats in first class.

"is it just me or is the crowd tonight double the size of the usual?" dahyun asks once they were both seated comfortably.

nayeon snuggled herself into her blanket before replying, "oh, that's because--"

before she could continue, a familiar voice cuts through their conversation.

"hey babe, how are you feeling?" jin says as he holds nayeon's hand.

nayeon ignores him and turns to dahyun.

"that's because bts is taking the same flight as us," she continues, then finally turns her attention toward her boyfriend who was now pouting and waiting for a proper greeting.

nayeon kisses him on the cheek before giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"wow, congratulations. you finally get to spend time together in person," dahyun jokes.

her and the rest of the group were used to nayeon whining about not being able to meet her boyfriend. although mina and momo could relate in a way, seeing as the two were also dating idols, they knew how difficult it was for nayeon and jin. bts and twice were arguably the busiest kpop groups out there, and their only hope to meet up in person were year-end shows or award shows and the rare days-off. unlike before, they rarely matched schedules now since bts was focusing their promotions in the west. of course, there was also the growing number of media people and sasaengs they have to evade if they want to meet up.

jin sniggers at this. "hi, bestie. long time no see," he says to dahyun. they've been calling each other bestie as a joke ever since they got close during mc rehearsals for kbs song festival last year.

"nice to see you again, bestie!" dahyun greets back, giving him her brightest smile.

"so, i know this is inconvenient, but would you mind switching seats with me?" jin asks her, turning a shade redder with each word.

nayeon looked at dahyun with pleading eyes.

dahyun started shaking her head just to mess with them, but eventually gave in.

"you really are my bestie, dahyun-ssi," jin says to her as she gets up from her seat.

"i'm supposed to be seated there beside jimin. just shout or ask taehyung for help if he ever does anything to you. he can be annoying sometimes," jin says as he points to a seat two rows behind them.