♧𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒♧

꧁______________________________________꧂

Demaranta. The feeling of seeing the land in the distance for many of the children was like crossing a finishing line, even if the finishing line was only a metre into a 5k marathon. It still felt like safety, a minute to breathe, gathering up all their own messes and assembling them in a safe environment. Ofcourse for some messes...they had already been made. The tension on the boat was also a large reason that they all desired to away from the sea. Especially those involved.

When they had first went to the kingdom of dawn, it was colourful and free and lively, it was the idyllic world that they all desired to be in. Its leaders were the best representation of this. It was as if Sun shone from their smiles and their presence cast a warm glow over every room. The castle had minimal security, its citizens happy enough that rebellion was not an issue, and the streets were filled with stalls and art and music.

As their ship docked, there was still yells and excitement and movement. The Princess was home. The rebellion was here. The sailors at the dock hurried around, hailing carriages by the dozen and asking so many questions that they only answered one out of every 10, yet as their gaze met the town, and the towers of the castle, it was not quite the same. There was less buisness, less bustling. Many street vendors and musicians and small buisness people like artists had signed up to the army.

It was not quite until they had reached the castle that they saw the extent to which the world had changed since they had left. The sun shining down on the castle was a cruel mockery of the armed guards, checkpoints, metal spikes atop the walls that may have been shorter if memory had served them right. Gardens were fenced and one could not just waltz into the surrounding greenery like before.

Queen Marisol Kalos of the Kingdom of Demaranta was not getting any younger. The beginnings of a war, the death of a forbidden love and the murder being put on her hands, and the four year long uncertain absence of the light of her life had caused the lines on her face to deepen, and not from the usual laughter lines that creased her eyes and dimples.

As the carriages pulled up through the gates, the grand doors of the castle burst open, guards flooding through. Clearly they had gotten news of the captive Prince and the returning Princess. They lined the path leading up from the castle walls, stood in perfect formation. As they emerged from the carriages however, a keen eye would spot a woman running down the corridors, skirt clutched desperately in her hands, heels kicked off.

"Where is she? Where's my daughter?"

꧁______________________________________꧂

Welcome back baybeeeeee
This is the introduction, have your ocs react to the castle and the events and everything and then we shall go to the dinner, a celebration of their return.