CHAPTER TWO; Nila three weeks later

"Hello?" "HELLO?" The neighbor was at the door. He eventually got in through a window and saw me and my mother on the floor. He let out a little squeak that made me laugh. I was looking at him from the upstairs balcony. He didn't hear me. That squeak seamed like the only thing left on earth that seemed happy and cheerful, unlike everything else that seemed cold and dead...like me. I laughed again and this time he did hear me. He looked up, he seemed to look right through me, I knew he couldn't see me. "Who's there?" He asked in a terribly scared voice. I found quite some enjoyment scaring the neighbor. I made my way down the steps and lifted my dead face up. He flew out the front door with me chasing him, laughing. He got in his car and took off.

The cops were back later, with what appeared to be ghost hunters. I was mad at the neighbor for bringing them here. Soon, a sale sign was put up in the front yard. They took my mother, for I knew she deserved better than an old floor, but I never felt forgiveness for the world. The papers started to pile up on the doorstep. I could not believe how stupid the mail carriers were to still put mail on the doorstep. A lot of the stories were about my neighbor and the murder. I figured know one wanted to come near to tear the old house down. Eventually the windows and doors were boarded, little did I know I would never see another human for 60 years.