The letter

It was an ordinary saturday. Arya Lestrange was sitting alone in he bedroom when she heard a small tap on her door.
"Whose there?" She muttered.
"It's me, can I come in?" Came a calm voice from in the hall.
Remus Lupin.
"Sure." Arya said with a tone of sadness in her throat. As Remus walked in he noticed a shattered picture frame on the floor, a picture of Arya and her mother.
"Would you like me to fix it?" He said, now holding the frame in his hand. "No." Arya's voice came in no uncertain terms. Her eyes were stained red. As if he could read her mind he finally got the words out of himself.
"She loved you more then you know, yes she wasn't always the best mother but she always had love for you." She forced a slight smile. But it didn't fool Remus.

Arya's mother, Bellatrix Lestrange, was put in Azkaban prison when Arya was just a child. She had been awaiting a letter from hogwarts since her 11th birthday. Even though she was now 13 she still sat by her window every evening just in case an owl appeared. When her mother was sent away Arya was taken in by Remus Lupin and Sirius Black before Sirius was also imprisoned. Now it was just Remus and herself, as it had been most of her life. One evening she finally decided to go and sit in front of the fire in the den. She could hear Remus on an important phone call. She wanted to listen in but she didn't want to be caught ease-dropping. She finally decided to leave it and go back to her bedroom. As she went to close her window she noticed a bird. Better yet, an owl. She couldn't help but notice the letter it held in its beak. The parchment sealed with red wax, with a hogwarts logo on it. She took the letter and ran downstairs, immediately spotting Remus looking quite stressed. However, her news was too big to wait.
"Remus! Remus! It came! It came! It finally came!" She screeched. Remus quickly lifted his head out his hands noticing the excited girl sprinting into the room. It had been so long since he had seen her so happy. 
Her smile lightened the room. Instantly cheering up everyone who saw it.
"What came?" He asked curiously.
"My letter."