chapter three

"Hey, Maeve." Aimee said, catching up to Maeve who was standing by her locker watching as Tuesday walked to her music class.

It was the next day and Tuesday was back in school this morning, but would be gone by lunchtime to have an appointment with her doctor about the VNS fitting. She seemed pretty nervous about it, but Maeve had tried to distract her by telling her that she had admittedly liked Taylor Swift's newer albums which managed to put a grin on the other girl's face who yelled out 'I told you so' several times that the girl forgot about her nervous state.

Maeve turned to her friend, a small smile on her face, "Hey, Aimes."

"Wanna walk to gym together?" Aimee asked, "I had something I wanted to ask you as well."

"Of course," She responded, "What did you want to talk about?"

Aimee shrugged, "Well, yesterday I was watching you and Tues..." She started, "and I guess I was just kinda shocked about how close you were and the way you treat her. Like, I love you, Maeve, you know I do, but you're normally so cold and harsh towards everyone." Aimee said in exacerbation, "But with her, you're just so soft and gentle and you look at her with this look..."

Maeve chuckled, "What are you trying to say? You think I like her or some shit?"

Aimee sighed, "Well, yeah I am." She said, "It just kinda seems like you do."

"Uhm, well I don't know, Aimes." Maeve told the girl honestly, "I do really enjoy her company, but I just don't think that anything would happen.. so why waste my time even entertaining the idea of me liking her."

Aimee gave the girl a look, "Maeve, seriously? That is the most stupid response ever."

"No, it's not." Maeve said in defence, "Besides, she's going through a lot right now and she needs a friend not a girlfriend."

The blonde nodded her head as she smirked, "So you do like her?"

"I didn't say that," Maeve rolled her eyes, but avoided looking at her friend next to her,

Maeve had definitely felt things towards Tuesday in the last three weeks they had known each other, but she believed what she had said - Tuesday was struggling and Maeve felt like it would be wrong to act on any feelings she might have. Besides, it was barely anything more than just a silly small crush which would probably go away in the next week or so.

"You didn't have to." Aimee said, "I can see it all over your face."

Maeve chuckled and shook her head, "Shut up, Aimes."

Aimee left it at that, sensing the girl didn't really want to divulge into her feelings too much, but at least she was able to get it out of her that she had feelings for her. Now, she would just have to see what Tuesday says.

***

Maeve stood outside the library, waiting for Tuesday to arrive. She was five minutes early and so was unable to go inside and wanted to go inside with Tuesday to make sure she could get a good spot for study. Soon enough though, the brunette rounded the corner with a grin.

"'allo 'allo!" she called out, "I have to go to the music room's to finish off my piece. You wanna tag along and study in there with me?"

Maeve nodded, "Only if you serenade me."

"Oh, of course my darling." Tuesday winked, "If we just sign in, the teacher should let us go no problem."

"I don't really care to sign in." Maeve said, "We can just go now if you want?"

Tuesday shrugged, "I'll need to otherwise they'll send out a search team." she laughed, "It happened one time when I went to go get coffee and bunked a class - soon enough I got frantic calls from my family members who were all sure I had a seizure somewhere."