eleven

"You're not kidding?" Yiwen asked, eyeing Xiaojun. "I swear to God, Xiaojun if you're trying to lie—"

"Why would I lie? To make myself feel better?" Xiaojun lays his body on the sand.

"I don't know. You might've already said this to everyone since us doing it gives you street cred and—"

"Hey." Xiaojun cuts her off by cupping her face with his hands. "Never in a million years will I ever take advantage of you. Remember that."

Yiwen's heart started to beat twice as fast. Xiaojun was close...too close but this is the first time she's ever felt like this.

"Dejun..." Yiwen calls out making the boy flinch. She was the only one who was allowed to call him by his real name.

Xiaojun leans in, their noses touching, "Yeah?"

"You're too close!" Yiwen exclaims, shoving him away.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"Guess who decided to show up." Hendery points out as Lucas sat beside him on the bleachers.

The boy rolled his eyes, "I've had a rough weekend."

"Not as rough as ours."

"What'd you do?"

"Oh, we just followed Yiwen around all day."

Lucas got confused, "Why would you do that?"

"Ask Xiaojun." Hendery says, as Xiaojun walks toward them. "Do you wanna tell him or should I?"

Xiaojun glared at the latter, "I don't have to explain myself."

"Hold on!" Lucas interjects. "So its true? You like Yiwen?"

"As if its not obvious enough. He's been denying it and lying to himself since 12th grade." Hendery adds.

"I was not!" Xiaojun argues. "I just didn't realized it."

"Really? So when did you realize it? When you spent the night together?"

"WHAT?!" Lucas exclaims with his loud voice. "You and Yiwen—? What???????"

"God, Lucas." Xiaojun covers his ears, looking at his friend. "Tone it down will you."

"When did this happen?!"

"The day we went to the bar plus nothing happened. We just slept."

"Or you think you slept."

Xiaojun gave him a mean look, "I know what happened, Lucas."