I might as well forget

Bang Chans P.O.V:

I held the last pictures I had of her in my hands, ready to burn them. I asked myself the same damn question over and over again. How could that happen? I've tried so hard to save what we had and in return I had to watch it all break down. Eventhough I was fighting everyday I knew deep inside, that she was not the same and that she would not want to fight for our love anymore. The love she once had died and her eyes told me everyday. They were cold and not filled with the beautiful warmth she once had towards me. And everytime I think back to that one day, my heart aches until I am unable to breathe. She left and took my soul with her. And as I was thinking of her I burned our last memories down, finally ready to let her go. I might as well forget.

"We need to talk.." she said quietly as the rain started to pour heavily. Her eyes looked down on the ground while she stood right in front of me.  She was acting different lately and it really started to bother me. "Did I do something wrong? You avoided me recently..", my voice started to tremble as I searched for her eyes. I tried to be a good boyfriend, to give her the love and affection she deserved but she began to avoid me more and more. Instead of answering me she remained quiet, keeping her head down. The only thing you could hear right now was a mix of the wind howling in the middle of the night and the rain splashing on the ground. As I raised my hand to touch her cheeks trying to make her look into my eyes, she just dodged them. I furrowed my eyebrows not knowing how to act anymore. "Why are you like that?" only a whisper could leave my mouth as I lowered my head. The sadness inside of me was growing and the fear of losing her was suddenly too much to bear. Not knowing what was going on and if I was the reason or not drove me insane. "Chan I think we should break up." she said with a stern voice. I lifted my head up, unable to understand. While I tried to read her emotions I was hoping she just joked around. As seconds passed I started to realize what she wanted to do. "What are you saying y/n?" my voice was shaking as tears started to form in my eyes. She took a step back finally raising her head to look into my face, which was filled with hurt. The moonlight shone on her beauiful face revealing the coldness in her eyes. "Chan. I am sorry that things did not work out the way we planned.. I just figured out that.. we are better off without each other." and her eyes told me that she was honest. She was not lying. My world started to shatter within seconds as everything turned pitch black. The tears I have tried to hold back started to run down my face. "Please don't y/n.. we can make everything work out just don't.. just don't leave me. Please.." I whimmered while I tried to get closer. Her small figurine suddenly felt so far away, unreachable. In that moment it was hard to keep calm. "Please y/n tell me that you are joking.." I begged her to unsay the spoken words. "I am sorry Chan, try to understand..". Is that everything she has to say? Did she even think about how I felt right now as she was ending everything we had without any reason? I stumbled forward, my vision blurry from all the tears and tried to grab her wrist. "Chan.." she took a deep breath, sounding desperate. My eyes were begging her to stay as my legs began to feel weak. "Please.." only a whisper found its way out as I started to breathe heavenly. Y/N tried to free herself out of my grip as she looked me right into the eyes. "Please let go of me, Chan. Don't make it harder for us..". How could I let go of her? She was my precious little angel, the only thing in my life that made sense. What on earth happened to us that things ended up like this? "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME Y/N HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU? I LOVE YOU" I screamed out loud while I was sobbing. My clothes were already drenched as I finally fell on my knees, crying like a little boy who lost his mother. My hands wrapping around her ankle not ready to give up on her. "STOP IT I- I JUST DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE. PLEASE let go of me..." She bursted out first but her voice slowly got lower as she took a step back causing me to let go of her. I was in a total shock, unable to move or speak. It felt like a million knives stabbed into my heart. "I am so sorry.." was the last thing she told me. The rain was pouring heavily on my body, running down my face, mixing up with my tears. I looked up and the last thing I saw was her silhouette slowly disappering in the dark while she took everything I had with her. "Just stay with me.."  I whispered to myself.