01

Hi! If you here before reading [Swapping Partner], do check that one first because this is the sequel of that story. Enjoy reading!

"Hey."

"Hm?"

"Isn't it awkward to still be friend with me while you're staying good with Nako, too?"

Yena, youngest from the two, laughed out loud like crazy. Her laughter echoed throughout her apartment room, where the pair stayed. The scene of her body shaking made the guy scowl. He put down the pencil down and crossed his arms.

"Yena," he warned. But the girl couldn't stop laughing.

"Sorry," she said, "you do spouting nonsense, Sunbae."

"Ya, I'm being serious here."

The girl with a long brunette hair swept the tears that ran through her eyes. She caught her breath before saying,

"You're seriously funny, Sunbae. I give that to you."

He clicked his tongue. "Why? Is there something wrong with my question?"

"Yes," she answered quickly, "I mean, why couldn't I be a good friend to both of you? And you guys break up peacefully, though? It's not like you guys hating each other so I need to pick sides."

"True," he seconded the girl. "But my other friends' girlfriends usually become hasty toward the guy's girl friends and they didn't even become friends."

"Huh?" Yena frowned. "Excuse me, Seungkwan-sshi, but I think I don't understand what you mean." 

"I mean," started the older one, but a second later, he retreated. "Ah, no, never mind."

"What the?" Yena stopped herself before her older brother barged in from next door because of the curse word she would say. "You know it's a crime to make someone curious, right?"

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Curiosity kills the cat. Shouldn't you be punished from killing the cat?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know. What are you talking about?"

"Aish, seriously," Seungkwan snickered, "aren't we good at talking nonsense?"

Yena smirked at him. "That's why we are compatible, Sunbae. And thanks to you, I have increasing my ability to annoy people with this nonsense talk skill."

The guy laughed. "So, who are the victims?"

"Seungmin-oppa, of course, my favorite victim. I want to get rid his sister complex disease. When that happen, I'll be able to date freely."

"You just broke up."

"Excuse me? It was a month ago, though?"

"True."

"Now, stop bothering me and focus on your paper again, Sunbae. For once I want to focus on my research."

"Is the world gonna ending, soon?"

"YA!"

Seungkwan laughed again before shifted his attention to the papers in front of him. "Oh, right," he said while eyes still fixated on his task. "Isn't time for you to stop calling me 'sunbae'?"

That sentence made the younger looked up with a confused look on her face. "Huh?" she said. "On what occasion?"

"You called Hoshi and Dokyeom with 'oppa'."

"Then?"

"Call me like that, too."

Yena unconsciously dropped both of the pen and her jaw. "What? Are you getting jealous now because I call them 'oppa' and you're a plain 'sunbae'? But you told me to keep things formal in the first place."

"Past just past. Now is different. Call me 'oppa', too, from now on."

A maniac like laughter came out again from the girl's mouth. He sulked.

"Okay," she said in between her laugh, "okay, Seungkwan-oppa. Nice to meet you."

When her laughter died down, Seungkwan stared at her for a moment. Yena saw it and gave him a puzzled look but he snickered and gave his paper attention again.

"Yena," he said after some peaceful silent between them. Yena looked up.

"Yes, Oppa?"

He smirked a for a second and went, "I'll move back to Jeju once I graduate."

"Oh?"

Seungkwan gave her his playful smile. "Don't miss me too much, okay?"

She giggled.

"I'll miss you a lot more, then."

.

.

.

Update every Sunday