Chapter Three

"Luke? What are you doing here? If my parents come up right now, they are NOT going to like this." I said walking over to him. I was getting ready to shove him out the window if my parents came up.

He smiled a smile that wasn't his. "They aren't going to like what?" He asked. Was he testing me or was he testing me? I think he's testing me.

"You know, you being here. They think we're doing stuff." I said. I felt my cheeks turn pink.

"Really like what?" He mocked. He hopped off the sill and walked slowly towards me. I stepped back.

"You really should stop now." I said getting more serious. He kept stepping towards me until I was cornered. Cornered in my own room. How fun.

"Or what? Don't worry, your parents won't hear a thing." He said as he started leaning in. I looked at his lips getting closer and closer to mine. Panic washed through me. I pushed his chest as gently as I could, turned him around so we traded places. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and brought his face to mine and said, "I don't know who you are, but just because you saved my life a couple times doesn't mean I want to be your girlfriend."

Luke cracked a smile. "I was only playing with you. I'm not even Luke. I'm Jai, nice to meet you. You seem nice and...feisty. I like feisty."

I shoved him into the corner of my wall and walked away. I can get pretty tough. You don't wanna see that, trust me.

"Well, nice to meet you, too, Jai, now get the fuck out out of my house. I don't have time for you and I'm kind of tired of my life right now and I just don't want to see anyone. I need to be alone. Please. Now get out." I said on the verge of tears. I don't even remember being sad until now. It's probably the fact that IM PROBABLY AN ORPHAN AND A HALF DEMON AND MY 'PARENTS' OVER REACT OVER THE STUPIDEST THINGS AND I JUST FOUND OUT THERE ARE MORE OF ME.

I'm guessing Jai saw my expression because every trace of a reckless, mocky guy he had was gone and he walked over to me and hugged me.

"Shhhhh," he said. "Don't cry. It's okay. I don't know your story, but I promise you everything will be fine in the end."

"What if it's not fine?" I asked him, slightly muffled since he was holding me so tightly.

"Then it's not the end. Now don't kill yourself."

I pushed away from the hug and looked at him like if he were the stupidest piece of shit in the world.

"Don't kill myself? What are you talking about?" I asked, wiping a tear from my cheek.

He tucked his hands into his jeans pockets and shrugged. "I don't know it's just that you said that you were tired of your life and you wanted to be alone so I took that as suicidal for some reason."

I wiped my tears with my sleeve and smiled.

"We'll thanks anyway, Jai, and don't worry, I'm not suicidal," I said and turned around to look at the window.

"I'd really like to have some alone time-" I stopped in mid sentence while turning back around. I don't even know for how long I'd been talking to myself. He just disappeared. One second he was in front of me, the next he's gone. He just left. I looked outside the window for any signs of him. Nothing. I shut the window and locked it. I didn't want anymore intruders, no matter how hot. Yes, Jai, I think you're smoking sexy ok.

For the next few hours I looked at the white, bare wall in front of me, thinking about all the things Luke told me and asking myself if I really believed him. It was hard not to. I stared at it for so long that my eyes got tired and started to hurt from the brightness. I finally went downstairs and ate some dinner. By myself. I couldn't stand seeing my parents. I honestly hated my life so much right now. What was I going to do with my life? Why the hell was I, out of all people, a freaking half-demon? What were my freaking abilities anyway? How come there are a bunch of supernaturals in the same neighborhood? Is this some kind of refuge camp? Why was Shay Corporation even after us? WHY OK. I wasn't going to let my parents know that I knew. For my mine and Luke's sake, and his brothers', too. There is a reason why our parents were keeping the truth from us, and we were going to find out.