Chapter Four

"I thought you said we were the only Half-Demons in Camp Shay," I commented.

"We are," he responded. "Unless there are more that I was unaware of. Well it could've been a fellow Half-Demon from another camp,"

"Or one of those evil half-demons that you guys mentioned that turned against their own race," I concluded.

"We don't know that for sure," he said, then, "Well, lets go find out what your mom is,"

"Her name is Elena, not my mom,"

"What if she is your mom?"

"Luke, she isn't my mom! We look NOTHING alike,"

"But you could've taken your dads characteristics-"

"DROP IT!" I snapped.

He let out an exasperated sigh, "Okay, okay, let's just go find out what that woman is," he said and walked out of my room. I followed.

-•-•-

"Lets try to see if she's a witch," Luke said.

We were conducting a sort of trial-and-error experiment. We were going to go through a bunch of supernaturals and see which one she was.

"But she can't be a witch, witches are afraid of water," I said.

"Did you get that from The Wizard of Oz?" He asked me. I blushed.

"We'll, Mr. Brooks, tell me, what are witches afraid of?" I asked.

"They are afraid of obsidian. Don't ask why, I don't know." He said.

"I have an obsidian necklace," I offered. He nodded. I went into my room an into my closet. On the top shelf was my jewelry box. I grabbed the necklace. It was a gift from one of my aunts before she died when I was 6. She said something along the words of, "It will protect you one day,"

Now I know what the meaning of those words were. She gave it to me because it would protect me from a witch. Maybe that's why my mom never really liked to wash my clothes? Because it was in my closet?

I took it back to Luke. Except I had a plan.

"Here it is, but I have a plan," I told him.

"What is it?" He asked.

"You'll see," I said and went down the stairs two at a time.

Elena was chopping vegetables in the kitchen. I walked in and pretended to be her daughter or whatever.

"Hey, mom," I said casually.

"Hey, sweetie," she replied. "Why don't you invite Luke for dinner tonight?"

You know what's funny? LUKE IS CURRENTLY IN THIS HOUSEHOLD.

"Sure, I'll call him later," I said. Then, "hey, do you remember that necklace that Aunt Maggie gave me before she died? I wanted to give it to you since I don't use it anymore and she's your sister after all." I held it out to her and observed her reaction.

"Thanks, sweety," she said smiling. "Leave it on the table for when I'm done cooking. Now go call Luke!"

"Okay, but is it okay if his brothers join us?"

"Sure,"

I ran up the stairs, grabbed Luke by the collar and yanked him into my room.

"Get out of here because I called you for dinner so you're going to have to come in through the front door with your brothers," I said quickly. I pushed him to the window, then said, " oh yeah, and she didn't do anything about the necklace. She accepted it."