Like the First Night

He grabbed my face and looked me dead in the eyes. He let out a heavy sigh as he caressed my hair, keeping the loose brown curls out of my face. His eyes glimmered, he had this adoring look that made me feel as if I was the only girl in the world he could look at that way. I could feel my cheeks flush and felt hot despite the cooling air coming out of the car vents. It was a hot April night and we had the car parked outside my apartment; both not being able to let each other go just yet. We let out a few nervous giggles and I was the first to break the silence;

"Did you want to come in?" he gave me a big smile, white teeth showing through the dark car, but I saw him shake his head in rejection.

"You know there's nothing I'd like more than to not only come inside but to stay the whole night with you wrapped up in my arms." He let out another heavy sigh before continuing, "I can't though, I already promised my mom I'd be home early. I have to help out in the store earlier than usual. Plus, things are so good right now, I don't want to ruin it by speeding things up, I want to savor every moment with you."

And with that, he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me over to his seat, sitting me on top of him and pulling me even closer so that there is absolutely no distance between us. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we were mouth to mouth in an instant.

He began ruffling my hair while my hands were busy going under his shirt and up and down his chest. I was getting hotter as he grabbed my ass and pulled me as close as our clothes permit. Somehow I doubt this little event was allowing for us to take things slow and "savor every moment together". Instead, I felt my body asking for me to speed things up, egging for more and sensing this impending doom that would inevitably occur if our bodies didn't unite soon. I can tell his body felt the same when I felt something hard poking between my legs, and it was a good thing he pulled away then, for if it were up to me I would have succumbed myself to my body's desire right then and there, inside this rusty old VW.

"Let me walk you to your door", he said as sweat dripped down his forehead.

I gave a disappointed smile and opened the car door. We walked in silence up to my apartment and when we reached the door I turned around and gave him a quick hug and thanked him for the wonderful night. He smiled and I turned back to open the door. I was expecting him to just turn around and walk away right then and there, but instead, he pushed me inside and locked the door behind him. Before I knew it I was slammed against my bedroom wall and we were making out like two horny teenagers in the high school hallway.

He took off my pants and ripped open my shirt, and, lacking the obvious muscles he has, I simply took off his. I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist and proceeded to kiss him with all the force I had in me as he walked me to the bed and laid me gently down. The kisses were long and deep, with a longing unlike any I had ever experienced before.

Me and Alex Cruz. Who would have thought?

If you would like a backstory, here's one:

Alex and I had been best friends throughout high school, now I was a college graduate and starting my career as an ICU nurse. Alex had been with me through it all, through studying for the SAT's, college acceptance and rejections, studying for college midterms and finals, nursing school acceptance, the NCLEX, all the horrible interviews I had to endure, all of it. He was right beside me, my very best friend.

Falling in love with Alex was a complete accident. I was in a long-distance relationship with my high school sweetheart, Jasper. It wasn't a simple relationship the one Jasper and I had. It was six long years of being separated, then reunited, then heartbreaks, the struggle of always coming second while his career came first, and of course his mom who never liked me. It all put a big strain on our relationship. Jasper was always trying to move further away; first going to Massachusettes for college, then spending the summers in Cincinnati, and I was lonely. Alex was always there though.